Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2018, 11:49:24 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Recent Posts
: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 : Today at 11:27:00 AM 
PowerRR - PowerRR
Eyes Without a Face (1960) - 8/10 - Good movie. Not really 'horror' though, other than a scene or two.
Carnival of Souls (1962) - 8/10 - Nice, eery low-budget horror!
Blazing Saddles (1974) - 7/10 - First viewing, some very data comedy (fart jokes) but pretty entertaining western satire.
Suspiria (1977) - 7/10 - Spaghetti horror! Amazing style, weak substance.
A Star Is Born (2018) - 8/10 - Flawless but forgettable - it will likely win Best Picture.
RBG (2018) - 7.5/10 - Solid doc but nothing new
Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind (2018) - 7/10 - Not a huge Robin fan, but a nice retro of his life.
Andre the Giant (2018) - 4/10 - One of the worst, blandest, uninspired docs I've seen in a while
Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot (2018) - 6.5/10 - Light and forgettable... feels like a well-made TV movie at times.
Sicario: Day of the Soldado (2018) - Surprisingly great sequel to a surprisingly great film
First Man (2018) - 8/10 - It's no Whiplash or La La Land, but Chazzelle is four for four. Best movie I've seen in 2018 that has a chance of winning things.
The 15:17 to Paris (2018) - 2/10 - Wow. One of the worst movies I've seen in years. Wow. Come on, Clint
Memory Video (2019) - 10/10 - Short doc of the year? Yeah probably.

: Today at 05:37:17 AM 
Moorman - moorman
I can't emphasize enough how big this video game is.  With movies, you get a experience.  With this video game you get a WHOLE world.  It took the developer, Rockstar Games, EIGHT years to develop this video game.   Some statistics:  They used 1200 real actors for animations and dialogue.  The  script would measure 8 feet high if stacked page by page on top of each other.  The MAIN story of the game is 65 hours long. This does not include side missions and stories.

Grand Theft Auto V released by Rockstar games in 2013 was made on a budget of around $265 million and grossed $ 6 billion dollars.  The highest grossing movie ever made, Avator, only grossed $2.8 billion dollars.  Red Dead Redemption 2 is projected to do similar numbers.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/10/the-making-of-rockstar-games-red-dead-redemption-2.html

: Today at 04:48:32 AM 
titoli - dave jenkins
A taster from the Blu due on Friday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpZxwe4SXY8

: Today at 04:45:56 AM 
PowerRR - cigar joe
French actresses playing Greek women? Does it work?

I like all the Zurlini I've seen. How did you see this?

http://rarefilmm.com

: Today at 04:45:01 AM 
titoli - cigar joe
Enzo Jannacci - Dagalterun Fandango

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx8qJDvcJtA

: Today at 04:42:18 AM 
PowerRR - dave jenkins
LE SOLDATESSE (1965) AKA THE CAMP FOLLOWERS Director: Valerio Zurlini, Stars: Tomas Milian, Mario Adorf, Anna Karina, Marie LaforÍt

Prostitutes from Athens are transported by truck for the pleasure of the occupying Italian Army in this World War II drama. The 15 women are driven by a young lieutenant who gives a ride to a fascist major. Tension mounts between the two soldiers as the truck is attacked, and some of the women are killed. Love blossoms between one of the prostitutes and the lieutenant, and he encourages her to return home knowing he will never see her again. 7/10
French actresses playing Greek women? Does it work?

I like all the Zurlini I've seen. How did you see this?

: Today at 04:39:44 AM 
moorman - dave jenkins
Peeing on ants, also.

: Yesterday at 05:44:39 PM 
moorman - PowerRR
I've seen this once (during my De Sica kick) and thought it was really great, up there closer to Bicycle Thief / Umberto D level.

I remember there was a lot of little boy penis in there, which for some reason always seems to get a pass in Italian cinema

: Yesterday at 04:21:15 PM 
PowerRR - cigar joe
LE SOLDATESSE (1965) AKA THE CAMP FOLLOWERS Director: Valerio Zurlini, Stars: Tomas Milian, Mario Adorf, Anna Karina, Marie LaforÍt

Prostitutes from Athens are transported by truck for the pleasure of the occupying Italian Army in this World War II drama. The 15 women are driven by a young lieutenant who gives a ride to a fascist major. Tension mounts between the two soldiers as the truck is attacked, and some of the women are killed. Love blossoms between one of the prostitutes and the lieutenant, and he encourages her to return home knowing he will never see her again. 7/10

: Yesterday at 01:35:17 PM 
Leonardo - LITTLE BIG MAN
Sorry NL only just saw your posts re Paris
It would have interesting to find out the latest with OUATIA Directors Cut
Re the previous restoration work why was the film pulled?
Did the Leone estate actually realise that the results of the restoration work would be so poor?
Why were the other scenes missing?
Is further restoration work happening?
Is their legal problems with further restoration & the extra scenes?
Who actually owns the movie?  Is it A Michan, WBs or the Leone Estate?

: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines