Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 06:11:01 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Bad sync in Collector's DVD (R2) (R1?)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bad sync in Collector's DVD (R2) (R1?)  (Read 4357 times)
Angel-Eyes
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2004, 07:16:07 AM »

Did anybody notised that there is a sync problem when Blondie is walking to the center of the cemetary and then dropping the stone at the final shootout. Sound of his footsteps are little off and the score also starts little early(0,3 sec) when he drops the stone,(causing the shot lose all it's power.) Cry

You can see it better when trumpet comes along.The wide shot of the cemetary should hit the mark ecsactly same time as a trumpet theme begins.

Middle of the shootout the sync is alright again. Huh

The older (shorter cut) dvd doesn't have this problem.The footsteps are in place and the score starts just correctly.

Angel-Eyes
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 04:02:25 AM »

I have now seen this out of sync problem in two R2 dvd's.
Can anyone confirm or cancel that is it in all copys or not and is it in R1 dvd's also? Huh

Sensei
Bandido

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 07:24:57 AM »

It's like that in my R2 disc too Undecided

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?
Tuco
Angel-Eyes
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 11:06:35 AM »

That  really sucks man Cry

It really ruins it for me. I can forgive Wallach's dubbing in those new scenes but can't forgive that "out of sync". Well, I just have to settle for the old dvd.

I also heard that some people have returned the dvd back to retailers 'cause of that.

It's propably in R1 dvd's too  'cause somebody said that they used  same master.

If anyone has more info, please feel free to turn knive in the wound. Wink Shocked

John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 05:00:39 PM »

Nothing to see with that, but in the new French version, when Blondie must say "He is Shorty", he says "He is Shortan" ("C'est Shortan"). Horrible!!! Cry Cry

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
Garry Cowell
Bandido

Did you bring a horse for me?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 10:12:18 AM »

Did anybody notised that there is a sync problem when Blondie is walking to the center of the cemetary and then dropping the stone at the final shootout. Sound of his footsteps are little off and the score also starts little early(0,3 sec) when he drops the stone,(causing the shot lose all it's power.) Cry
Is this just on the English track or is it on the Italian too!?

Sensei
Bandido

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 04:38:08 PM »

That  really sucks man Cry

It really ruins it for me. I can forgive Wallach's dubbing in those new scenes but can't forgive that "out of sync". Well, I just have to settle for the old dvd.

Yea, it sucks bigtime. I still think the biggest drawback with the remastered audio is the gunshots. They were sooo amazing in the original version. Heck, I've heard farts that sound better than the gunshot in the remastered version.  Angry Angry Angry

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?
Tuco
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM