Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 01:21:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Jose Calvo/Enzo Petito
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jose Calvo/Enzo Petito  (Read 4741 times)
mortimerforever
Gunslinger

when you have to shoot shoot don''''t talk

View Profile WWW
« on: July 23, 2004, 03:18:52 AM »

On the IMDB Enzo Petito[The Gunshop owner in TGTBATU] is credited as playing Silvanito. My only guess is that 'Jose Calvo' was a name used to make him sound more American.

But when there are two bosses I'd say there is one to many.

tuco ramirez number01 fan.
''''''''two kinds of spurs my friend.''''''''
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 12:14:26 PM »

well, jose 'pepe' calvo plays silvanito in fistful

and enzo petito plays the shopkeeper robbed by tuco in GBU

im pretty sure theyre not the same actor, they look different

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
KERMIT
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 02:56:41 PM »

well, jose 'pepe' calvo plays silvanito in fistful

and enzo petito plays the shopkeeper robbed by tuco in GBU

im pretty sure theyre not the same actor, they look different
need a little help DJIMBO. 3 times, i almost got a thread going on old enzo petito, but unlike you i chickened out thinking nobody cares.  imdb says sometimes he's  credited by the name jose calvo. silvanito and GB&U shopkeeper look like at first like two different guys to me as well.  Undecided   never-the-less,  i remember that bee-hive hair-doo the rapid-retorting silvanito sported which, god forbid, could have been a wig ?  Shocked

so minus the hair piece, and nearly 3 years later he might have aged. he might have become ill during this time off, altering his physical apperance.  it's got me stumped DJIMBO ! what's your final say here ? if it is the same dude, he's one hell of an actor, as he goes from "joe's" olny friend he can trust , to the timid GB&U shopkeeper. what's up wtih this dude ? can anybody hep me ? inquiring minds wanna know.  Huh

i remember, in his bar next to his "murdered" roulette wheel  ,the madman ramone, hitting an already tied up silvanito  in  the gut with the butt of his rifle.  after slugging poor old silvanito, a visably shaken & rejected ramone angerily  explains to silvanito why he hit him.  "AND THAT'S FOR BEING HIS FRIEND !!!  Angry   chill out ramone! what bully you can be my friend ! well DJIMBO, the proverb-bully ball in in your court. is it two guy's, and the imdb screwd up.  or, is this actually the same dude ? just let me lay this item at your feet before you pass judgement.  the IMDB, in their infininate wisdom, never tell us when  "pepe" was born , OR  the date of his death. ( you don't think he's still alive ?) talk about NO RESPECT AT ALL !! DA NOIVE !!

« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 03:22:05 PM by KERMIT » Logged
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 08:48:44 PM »

ROTFLMFAO  Grin

I forgot about the rifle butt to the gut and the "THAT'S FOR BEING HIS FRIEND" part.  The madman Ramon was cold-blooded, that's for sure.  But Silvanito took his beating like a man, you have to admire that.

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
KERMIT
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 11:39:35 PM »

ROTFLMFAO  Grin

I forgot about the rifle butt to the gut and the "THAT'S FOR BEING HIS FRIEND" part.  The madman Ramon was cold-blooded, that's for sure.  But Silvanito took his beating like a man, you have to admire that.
yup ! that silvanito made a good team along with the old coffin maker. they must have been the martian & lewis of italy there for a while after the film's relese in '64. there's just something electrifing about the old coffinmaker asuring "joe" who's gettin his chops back together that silvanito was on our side !  Grin then the old guy hands "joe" a lone stick of dynamite needed for  inimitable entrance "joe" makes to scare the sh*t outta the madman ramone !  Angry the old coffin maker offers "joe that dynamite" and says something "snide?' lol, then slaps his has together and rubs them viguriously and says. "....and now. it's about time someone lit the fuse and sent it back!!" veeeeet !!  Grin

« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 10:18:07 PM by KERMIT » Logged
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2004, 01:35:16 AM »

lol, kermit, i guess i have the responsibility of putting to rest this age-old debate.

watching fistful and GBU it looks 2 me that enzo petito is NOT jose 'pepe' calvo, i.e. that the shopkeeper and silvanito are not played by the same actor, his facial features are not quite the same.

However, i could be wrong, and could the information bible that is IMDB be wrong?... Huh

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM