Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 06:21:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Remaking (Sorry Reimagining) OUATIA
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Remaking (Sorry Reimagining) OUATIA  (Read 11076 times)
Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2004, 10:09:00 AM »

Re:Remaking (Sorry Reimagining) OUATIA
Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 04:01:59am  Reply with quote  

QUOTE FROM BIG MAN: Sorry  Farrell is the young talented type of actor that Leone would have loved to work with if he had still been alive.

And this is based on what? I don't remember too many teen-idols appearing in LEONES westerns!

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2004, 10:16:37 AM »

i'd have to once agian agree with belkin... i can't think of anyone that had ever worked with leone that even resembled the career or look/feel that colin farrell has.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
THE BIG MAN
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2004, 02:12:27 AM »

Come on guys its always been common knowledge that the Oscars are unfair-no great revelation. Why dont you contact AMPAS if you feel so strongly? Regards the buzz on Alexander-I was only sharing with you what I knew. Warner Bros have sold off Scorsese's The Aviator to Miramax in order to concentrate on Farrell's film! They obviously think they are sitting on something special!

Anyhoo can we get back to casting the reimagining of OUATIA? Thats the subject-not Oscar.

THE BIG MAN
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2004, 02:35:32 AM »

Re:Remaking (Sorry Reimagining) OUATIA
Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 04:01:59am  Reply with quote  

QUOTE FROM BIG MAN: Sorry  Farrell is the young talented type of actor that Leone would have loved to work with if he had still been alive.

And this is based on what? I don't remember too many teen-idols appearing in LEONES westerns!
First off Farrell is 28 not exactly a teen is he?Secondly I never mentioned anything about teen idols appearing in Leone Westerns!
Back in the 80's Leone had been planning to work with Mickey Rourke and Michael Madsen-both young talented actors in there 20's!

THE BIG MAN
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2004, 02:42:43 AM »

i'd have to once agian agree with belkin... i can't think of anyone that had ever worked with leone that even resembled the career or look/feel that colin farrell has.
R U serious?  What about Eastwood-the guy was an up and coming 33 year old when he first worked with Leone?

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2004, 07:56:12 AM »

on a television show... prior to rawhide he hadn't been creditted with an appearance in a movie, or not that i know of anyway... how does that compare to farrell?

secondly big man... you just keep laying golden eggs here... they must think they have something special? when was the last time a big company bought a film because they thought it would be great or the actor would have a great performance... i'll tell you, never! it's about the money at that level... and thats it.

Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2004, 09:29:44 AM »

Quote from BIG MAN:
First off Farrell is 28 not exactly a teen is he?Secondly I never mentioned anything about teen idols appearing in Leone Westerns!

First, you don't have to be a teen to be a teen-idol. It refers usually to the idol of a teen.
Second, you seem mighty jumpy about Mr. Farrell's career. You really sure you ain't him?  Wink

« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 09:31:43 AM by Belkin » Logged

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
THE BIG MAN
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2004, 01:22:15 PM »

Guys Guys Guys

Lets not get into fisticuffs here.  Im merely making the point that Colin Farrell is a talented actor. He is a  victim of his own success because he is judged good looking so Hollywood comes calling for a new leading man.

My point was that Sergio was good at recognising talent and would have liked Colin Farrell-the same way he liked Michael Masden before Reservoir Dogs and Mickey Rourke after Angel Heart and 9 1/2 Weeks.

He worked with a variety of good actors at all stages in their career.

Whether he would have actually worked with colin Farrell or not we will never know.

We all know Oscars are tainted and the movies are mostly about money, but we still love them and the Oscars do often point out good films and actors - irrespective of who wins.

This is a bit of fun!  Imagining who could fill the roles of the characters we love in a film we love if Sergio did it today.  If you've got better ideas - I'm all ears and can't wait to hear them!

So back to the start-who would you choose?

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2004, 01:53:06 PM »

i personally can't imagine anyone being different than the film currently is... that casting was just that good

there just aren't enough good young actors who i could see pulling off a young/old combo with characters of this magnitude.... woods and de niro, c'mon.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 01:54:39 PM by grandpa_chum » Logged

Il Buono
Gunslinger

You're the son of a thousand fathers!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2004, 07:04:31 AM »

Can't we throw out Elisabeth McGovern out of the original and replace her with new footage of Jennifer Connely?

Your ass is grass... And I am the lawnmower
Poggle
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2005, 06:41:50 PM »

Noodles - Johnny Depp
Max - Ray Liotta

That's all I could really think of Sad

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2005, 07:27:00 AM »

First off: no remake! I don't think of this film as highly as most others here, but still, just no. Also, consider that 95% of the people involved in this movie are still alive, and many of them still have an active career.

That being said, I couldn't think of anyone who would be a good Noodles. This is what I came up with for a supporting cast:

Ben Stiller - Max (I know that's a bit out there but he can be a serious actor, don't know how he'd play the part though)
Jennifer Connely - Deborah (whoever though of that was a genius)
Michael Imperioli - Frankie
Jon Gries - Joe
John Leguizamo- Patsy
Adam Goldberg - Cockeye
Phillip Seymour Hoffman - Fat Moe
David Proval - Aiello
Robert Patrick - Chicken Joe
Colin Farrel - Jimmy Conway (I like that idea, and don't see what's wrong with it)
Sharon Stone - Carol
Steve Buschemi - Bugsy
Laurie Holden - Eve

Just some of my ideas (along with some borrowed from others), feel free to nitpick all you want.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 07:30:11 AM by Groggy » Logged

Saturday nights with Groggy
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM