Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 11:45:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Final Flashback?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Final Flashback?  (Read 23264 times)
Laurent
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2004, 10:57:28 AM »

Hi,
Almost a year ago, a link to download the final flashback was posted in this thread: http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=462;start=15

Unfortunately, the links do not work anymore, so I was wondering if anyone still has those files (preferably the hi-res file). I'd be very interested in downloading it.

Thanks.

mortimer
Bandido

"You're not digging"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 06:13:21 PM »

I second the request! My dvd is complete except for the flashback. Please Cheesy!

"Now you understand why we need the firecracker?"
Garry Cowell
Bandido

Did you bring a horse for me?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 05:21:56 AM »

I've re-uploaded them...

Check the above thread.

Get 'em soon as they (the BIG one) won't be online for long.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 05:26:28 AM by Garry Cowell » Logged
Laurent
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 10:26:18 AM »

Thanks a lot Garry! Smiley

mortimer
Bandido

"You're not digging"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 01:22:43 PM »

Thanks Garry.First time I had seen it. I wonder about the placement of the flashback at the end of the movie as opposed to before the bar shooting flashback. Its spot in the film and running time is perhaps the reason for its ommision from many versions of the film.

redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 05:14:54 PM »

My interpretation of the scene has always been that Sean was happy with the menage a trois situation, hence his smile as the flashback fades out, and on his face back in the present. I think it's put there because he wants to die with a happy memory in his head.

It's class.
king eric
Road Apple

I'm not a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 10:19:57 AM »

Yeah, cheers for these.

I too tried to download them the other day to find the links were dead. So I'm well pleased now that you've put them back up

Il Tramonto
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 07:57:50 AM »

Does anyone know why the flashback was cut and what versions it was cut from? The only time I ever saw that flashback during the movie was when I rented a VHS of Fistful from Hollywood Video a few years back. The flashback was included (which is a very important part of the movie) and Juan's final words were too ("what about me?") His last line is very important also and summarizes the theme of the movie and the sacrifice involved in revolution. But all the other versions i've seen on tv (TCM, Showtime Beyond) both edited those 2 parts out, and I don't really know why. I hear the dvd doesn't have those scenes either, which makes me mad. For some reason, the movie never seems complete to me without those 2 small but very pivotal parts.

Jon
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 12:46:12 PM »

As fas as i know there are three available versions of the film

the full Italian version,153 mins[Pal]which has the full flashback but is only available on Italian DVD dubbed into Italian

the 149 min version,which removes the flashback and Juan's line. This is the version recently released on DVD in the UK. Apparently this was the version that was originally released in Italy,according to what I have read,the censors made Leone cut the flashback because it suggested a menage a trois!  The full,153 min version only came out years later.

the 132 min version which was the heavily cut version released in UK and US cinemas,and was until fairly recently the only one available in the UK and the US. Despite having lots of bits cut,it did retain about 30 seconds of the final flashback which runs nearly 4 mins in the full 153 min version,plus it also had Juan's line. Funny that this butchered version contained a portion of a scene that had been originally cut from the longer version.

I agree that the film with the flashback and "what about me",is so much better.Maybe one day a DVD will come out in English with those bits in.

Il Tramonto
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 10:12:13 PM »

Does the Italian dvd have English Subtitles?

mortimer
Bandido

"You're not digging"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 11:24:51 PM »

unfortunately not

coffindodger
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2004, 02:45:26 PM »

Ehhhh, looks like I'm too late. Anybody here have a copy of the hi-res stereo version (32.7 megs) that they could send me? I have YIM and MSN messenger and cable modem.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 02:47:21 PM by coffindodger » Logged
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2004, 04:32:49 PM »

I love this sequence! does anyone know WHY people from MGM have choosen a version of the film without it? I just can't understand it! That was the most moving scene of the movie (with Coburn smilling... arg! that's too much!).

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
coffindodger
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2004, 01:24:44 AM »

If anybody has it please pm me!  Cool

LINCOLNS GRANDFATHER
Bandido

Never seen so many men wasted so badly.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2004, 08:03:34 PM »

With the two of them "after" the one it enforces the allegory of the revolution itself, this missing scene more than any.

So many of us have had a session in there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM