Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2018, 12:47:47 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Il mercenario aka The Mercenary/A Professional Gun (1968)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
: Il mercenario aka The Mercenary/A Professional Gun (1968)  ( 58353 )
mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

« #105 : October 25, 2017, 02:37:09 PM »

I would have loved to do it :).
At least I added two animated galleries I produced...

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #106 : October 25, 2017, 04:25:28 PM »

I have no idea why of all people Cox made an audio commentary for Il medrceanrio. He does not like the film, actually I think he does not even understand Il mercenario. And the least thing this highly underrated film needs are comments by an anti-connoisseur.

I've always enjoyed his opinions regardless of whether I agree or not. I'm looking forward to it.

I would have loved to do it :).
At least I added two animated galleries I produced...

That would also have been a very welcome addition too.

Moorman

« #107 : January 11, 2018, 05:27:05 AM »

Did not like this movie...

3 out of 10...

« : January 11, 2018, 06:59:49 AM Moorman »
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #108 : January 11, 2018, 02:25:11 PM »

Wow  :o

Care to share anything more...?

Moorman

« #109 : January 11, 2018, 03:32:49 PM »

Wow  :o

Care to share anything more...?

I really can't find anything about the movie that i liked...lol

T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #110 : January 12, 2018, 11:51:30 AM »

If you're going to have controversial opinions about well received movies, you really have to back up your opinions with some good criticism to be taken seriously. You haven't done that at all.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #111 : January 12, 2018, 12:55:16 PM »

If you're going to have controversial opinions about well received movies, you really have to back up your opinions with some good criticism to be taken seriously. You haven't done that at all.

I happen to have enjoyed this movie very much, but I disagree with your insistence that he has to discuss in detail what he didn’t like. Saying he doesn’t like anything about the movie means he doesn’t like the story, acting, cinematography, music, etc. Is it necessary to go through all that in detail?

A movie, like any artwork - painting, book, music - either appeals to someone or doesn’t. It’s not always easy to explain what one doesn’t like about something. If he didn’t enjoy it, he didn’t enjoy it.

I like Groggy’s advice: A simple “it sucked” will suffice  ^-^

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #112 : January 12, 2018, 01:16:04 PM »

I happen to have enjoyed this movie very much, but I disagree with your insistence that he has to discuss in detail what he didn’t like. Saying he doesn’t like anything about the movie means he doesn’t like the story, acting, cinematography, music, etc. Is it necessary to go through all that in detail?

A movie, like any artwork - painting, book, music - either appeals to someone or doesn’t. It’s not always easy to explain what one doesn’t like about something. If he didn’t enjoy it, he didn’t enjoy it.

I honestly couldn't care any less that he didn't like the movie, but why post "Did not like this movie...  3 out of 10..." on a message board? At best, it offers nothing in terms of discussion and at worst it's troll bait, and bad bait at that.

I have a tough time relating with not being able to articulate why someone doesn't like something, but that's probably a different debate altogether.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
Moorman

« #113 : January 12, 2018, 08:01:26 PM »

Thanks. I appreciate it.  I REALLY didn't wanna go into all the reasons why i didn't like it. You summed it up.

Moorman

« #114 : January 12, 2018, 08:04:46 PM »

I honestly couldn't care any less that he didn't like the movie, but why post "Did not like this movie...  3 out of 10..." on a message board? At best, it offers nothing in terms of discussion and at worst it's troll bait, and bad bait at that.

I have a tough time relating with not being able to articulate why someone doesn't like something, but that's probably a different debate altogether.

To sum it up, i didn't like the tone of the film. I've already said in other threads that i like a more serious tone to westerns.  I loved Volonte in the Leone films.  Did not like him at all in this film.

stanton
Bounty Killer

« #115 : January 13, 2018, 02:11:31 AM »

Volonte was in Quien sabe?, not in Il mercenario.
I think btw that he was better in Quien sabe? and in Face to Face than in both Leone films.

Disliking Il mercenario is of course ok, as it is to dislike any other film. But what you wrote in that other thread about Il mercenario was ... well ... like you did not really watch it.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #116 : January 13, 2018, 03:46:14 AM »

To sum it up, i didn't like the tone of the film. I've already said in other threads that i like a more serious tone to westerns.  I loved Volonte in the Leone films.  Did not like him at all in this film.

You got your films mixed up Moorman. Volonte wasn't in Il mercenario.  ???

Another point A Professional Gun is supposed to be a trimmed down Il Mercenario make sure it's the 110 minute version in wide screen.

« : January 13, 2018, 03:55:24 AM cigar joe »

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #117 : January 13, 2018, 05:00:58 AM »

Another point A Professional Gun is supposed to be a trimmed down Il Mercenario make sure it's the 110 minute version in wide screen.

Actually 106 min.

Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #118 : January 13, 2018, 11:27:31 AM »

"Il mercenario" is one of those very select few Spaghetti Westerns that is truly great

Or Roger Ebert's "Your Movie Sucks" - although I assume he then backed it up (I haven't read the book)

I've already said in other threads that i like a more serious tone to westerns.

Based on some of your comments regarding films, might I recommend Lima Barreto's "O Cangaceiro" to you? I think it would be to your liking and is a great film of course.

Moorman

« #119 : January 13, 2018, 11:43:14 AM »

You got your films mixed up Moorman. Volonte wasn't in Il mercenario.  ???

Yes, I did mix them up.  I liked Volonte in Face to Face...

: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines