Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:23:23 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Django Unchained (2013) - QT's SW
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
: Django Unchained (2013) - QT's SW  ( 91064 )
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #45 : June 07, 2012, 06:21:24 AM »

I feel sooner or later your face will end up about 1 nanometre away from Mr. QT's unwiped anus.

Sooner than later.
Naaah I really don't even like QT that much, I'm faaaar from an anal fanboy. But I bet this will be a great movie.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #46 : June 09, 2012, 05:55:53 PM »

Looks like QT is referencing SW's, Mandingo, and the "Charley" films, it may be a lot of fun,  ^-^

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068358/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068838/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072725/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070721/

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #47 : June 10, 2012, 09:58:41 PM »

Pause the trailer at 1:04.

"Reward $2000 - Dead or Alive: Edwin Porter. For Train Robbery"

Edwin Porter directed The Great Train Robbery in 1904. (I didn't notice this, I read it elsewhere).

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #48 : June 17, 2012, 12:31:52 PM »

The international trailer (which is better done): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJx09hnNEVA

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

« #49 : June 17, 2012, 12:51:14 PM »

Lol

I have the feeling this will get the same ultra cheap look as IB...
Robert Richardson's work has just recently started to bug me big time.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #50 : June 22, 2012, 03:10:00 AM »

From IMDb: by joj_mene (Wed Jun 13 2012 14:17:14)   

The italian website bestmovie.it interviewed Franco about him working with QT. I tried to translate the important parts with my puny knowledge of the language.

"On the set we had this game: I said the name of one of the directors I worked with and he responded to me with the title of one of his movies. For example: 'Margheriti!' And he: 'Il pianetto errante! I diafanoidi vengono da marte!' And then he would start to recite lines or to sing the soundtrack that even I couldn't remember.'"
While talking of his experiences on Django Unchained, Franco Nero can not hide the pleasure he gets from these anecdotes, born form that "special relationship" he formed with the director of Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill: underneath the heavy eyebrows the icy stare of the old pistolero melts with pride and melancholy. "He would bring me to these young American actors and he would introduce me like this: 'You may not know him, but this man used to be the greatest star in the world, alongside Clint Eastwood, Alain Delon and Charlie Bronson.'"
"I first met Tarantino in Rome when he was promoting Inglourious Basterds. He demanded of the producers: 'I will not leave Rome without meeting Franco Nero.' We met at the Bolognese (famous restaurant in Rome). He arrived with Eli Roth and he told me his story: at the age of 14 he started renting videotapes and became passionate about my film so much that he started to ask in the videostore for "the Franco Nero movie". I didn't know whether to believe him or not but then he started reciting whole dialogues by memory. Then I was convinced and I asked him if he would do a cameo in a western that I was going to make with Enzo Castellari. He was thrilled and he even signed a letter of commitment, but he wanted to know...how he would get killed. I told him: 'You get shot with a sawed-off rifle loaded with gold coins.' And he yelled: 'I love it! I love it!'
Time passed and meanwhile Castellari's film never left the page and Tarantino decided to do his own western with a title that makes hommage to one of the most important and beloved movies of the genre: Django by S. Corbucci.
"The news of Tarantino making a film called Django Unchained was circling around and everyone was asking me how I was involved with the project. I didn't know nothing, I did say that he was supposed to be in my movie! One day he did call and explained the movie is partly an hommage to me and I must be in it so he offered me a cameo..."
What Tarantino didn't know at the time was that Nero already read the script and didn't like his cameo: "So I took the advantage and said: 'I have an idea for my role.' He remained silent for two whole minutes. Then he said: 'Let me think about it.'" Months went by... Meanwhile Tarantino started shooting in New Orleans. In february Nero flew to Los Angeles for an Italian movie festival he and Vicedomini have been organizing for years. "Tarantino found out, left New Orleans and met me. We went to breakfast one morning at Beverly Hills Hotel and started negotiating. The meeting lasted three hours. He kept telling me: 'Trust me!' In the end we found a middle ground and we were both satisfied. A week after the festival I was on the set in New Orleans."
And now time grew out of proportion. Even though he already did his cameo Tarantino didn't want him to leave. "At one point I felt like a hostage! (laughs) I decided to stay a few days but remained more than a month. Tarantino decided to film my scene differently and so now I was acting together with Dicaprio. We screamed so mush during the shoot that he ruined his voice and we couldn't go out for a week. We also saw Django with everybody and during breaks we would listen to the film's music..." And so Nero stayed longer than anticipated but finally Tarantino "freed him".

Here's the entire interview, if anyone wants to have a go at it:
http://www.bestmovie.it/news/franco-nero-ci-racconta-django-unchained- quando-dicaprio-rimase-senza-voce/162959/.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #51 : July 02, 2012, 02:12:36 AM »

New 60 seconds teaser, with some images of Samuel Lee Jackson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it6rDhrnaVY

emmo26
Gunslinger

« #52 : July 04, 2012, 06:05:56 AM »

Would it be a good idea...if QT put an ageing Tuco in the film?    ....well at least in an deleted scene on the DVD extras.

I dunno how that would go down with the timeline of the movie.  :D

(YES or NO??)

**************** ZZ TOP´s 1st Gig **************
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #53 : July 04, 2012, 10:06:46 AM »

Would it be a good idea...if QT put an ageing Tuco in the film?    ....well at least in an deleted scene on the DVD extras.

I dunno how that would go down with the timeline of the movie.  :D

(YES or NO??)

lol
That wouldn't really work with the timeline: an AGED Tuco means we're AFTER civil war... Hence, after slavery in the USA.

Lil Brutto
Bounty Killer

« #54 : July 04, 2012, 11:16:13 AM »

He could play Lincoln's grandfather  :D :D

I was an honest farmer. Now I'm Lil Brutto!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #55 : July 04, 2012, 12:00:21 PM »

He could play Lincoln's grandfather  :D :D
;D ;D

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
emmo26
Gunslinger

« #56 : July 05, 2012, 03:26:17 AM »

lol
That wouldn't really work with the timeline: an AGED Tuco means we're AFTER civil war... Hence, after slavery in the USA.

ha ha...yeah I thought so....

If tuco lived to see 100,  I maybe wrong, but I think he would be still alive to witness the sinking of the Titanic (1912).

**************** ZZ TOP´s 1st Gig **************
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #57 : September 06, 2012, 11:34:05 PM »

was in a movie theater last night, and saw the posters for Django Unchained -- it's coming out on December 25! (so you'll have to change the year in the title of this thread to "2012" after all  ;))

p.s. the theater was the AMC Loews on 34th st. between 8th & 9th Ave. in Manhattan. I have been attending the big multiplexes in Manhattan for years, but I could not believe how ENORMOUS the screens are at this theater! (at least Theater # 9, which is the one I was in). I will definitely try to see movies there in the future, and be sure to sit all the way in back!

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #58 : September 15, 2012, 02:08:04 PM »

p.s. the theater was the AMC Loews on 34th st. between 8th & 9th Ave. in Manhattan. I have been attending the big multiplexes in Manhattan for years, but I could not believe how ENORMOUS the screens are at this theater! (at least Theater # 9, which is the one I was in). I will definitely try to see movies there in the future, and be sure to sit all the way in back!

Yeah I love AMC Theaters. My only complaint is the 20-odd minutes of trailers they generally run.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #59 : September 15, 2012, 02:09:18 PM »

I wasn't crazy about this film based on the premise. Watching the trailer though has me intrigued. Hopefully this will be more Pulp Fiction than Inglourious Basterds (sorry DJ).

Saturday nights with Groggy
: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines