Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 06:01:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  More Dollars for the McGregors (Ancora dollari per i Mac Gregor) (1970)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More Dollars for the McGregors (Ancora dollari per i Mac Gregor) (1970)  (Read 1331 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2011, 04:25:42 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067452/

Nothing to do with the 2 previous comedies about the scottish family, this loans quite evidently from GBU on the first part and FFDM in the second. The first part has a couple of lovers setting up a scam by which they trap wanted men. In the second part the bounty hunter strikes a partnership with a colleague to go against a reefer-smoking bandit. The action in the second part moves to mexico, there's an indio tribe exploited by the villain and Malisa Longo plays the part of a kind of sorceress. I give it 5\10 because the first part had good variations on themes but the second is terribly long and boring.
Martelli's score was probably meant for another movie.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 04:19:04 AM by titoli » Logged

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 01:32:34 AM »

Well it has a fun trailer but to be fair this was a trailer put together by the bootlegger selling his copy of the film.
Been eyeing it for a while and probably will get it, despite your negative review, for the theme song alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE_zGZGeHcc

It has some familiar faces in it and I like all of Peter Lee Lawrence's minimal performances.

This was directed by the same director of the really good Duel In The Eclipse and you can even see the leopard skin vest/poncho the lead wears make an appearence in the trailer for the film in question.
What was it with the director and that wardrobe choice?

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 03:04:26 AM »

Atmospheric and gritty western from the director of Réquiem para el gringo, which features again a few supernatural elements, and for those who liked it, indeed, the Jaguar cape is also back. The film is a bit incoherent in places due to the story being told in two parts, some anachronistic 70s clothes and some narrative fractures, and you shouldn't think too much about some logical holes, but it is stylish enough to be a satisfying whole. It has style and atmosphere and interesting characters and last but not least some nasty violence, and therefore surely belongs to the "little gem" category. 7/10

Peter Lee Lawrence looks older, a bit more skinny and therefore more adult in this one, and it is the first film with him in which he ain't a let down. Which does not mean I couldn't imagine better actors for his role. But it is clearly PLL's best SW.

And the title is McGregor without the a.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 04:12:43 AM »

Well it has a fun trailer but to be fair this was a trailer put together by the bootlegger selling his copy of the film.

It is much better than the whole movie, agreed.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM