Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 12:05:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Aguirre: Zorn des Gottes (Wrath of God)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aguirre: Zorn des Gottes (Wrath of God)  (Read 18202 times)
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2004, 04:36:07 PM »

I love caper movies, and Nine Queens is an excellent example. It's funny and filled with great characters. Has a nice twist ending also.

Just rented Nine Queens this weekend, liked it a lot.  Argentine version of "The Sting".  I speak un muy pocito Spanish, but the Argentine dialect is a lot different than what I've ever heard.  Speaking of caper flicks, saw the father of all caper flicks for the first time not long ago, "Riffifi" - very cool  Cool

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2004, 02:33:35 PM »

"My best friend" is an excellent movie.

Let's not forget that Herzog is almost as mad as Kinski (but he doesn't admit it!!!!!).

Herzog has been doing some excellent documentaries these last years. anyone has see some?

Each one for himself, and God against all.
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2004, 08:01:28 PM »

I haven't seen "My Best Fiend" (it's actually fiend, not friend - I just double checked), I have to get that soon.

I haven't seen a recent Herzog documentary, but I distinctly remember he did one after Gulf War I.  It was mainly focused on the oil fields that were torched in Kuwait, you guys have probably seen it I'm sure.  Forgot what it was called, but they showed it on public television quite a few times back then.  Amazing stuff.

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2004, 02:57:37 PM »

Yes, argentine accent is a little bit complicated for someone who learned the "castillan" spanish because of the italian influence in accent and vocabulary.

General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2004, 03:58:49 PM »

Ah, that explains it.  It definitely is more sing-songy and lyrical than the Spanish I'm used to hearing from the Mexicans in Chicago.

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2004, 03:13:23 PM »

Hahahaha, definitely.

But it is an interesting story.

The thing is that italian inmigrant came to argentina from different regions in Italy. In Italy the "language" changes from region to region. And so each region of Italy gave to the language in Argentina some words that finished to create a sub-language called "LUNFARDO". It is a sub language full of italian words or expressions, from the different regions of Italy.

And besides, the "musicality" of the language in Argentina is not like the spanish, but like the italian. Buenos Aires, the capital, is almost Napoli in that sense.

General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2004, 12:51:44 PM »

Shorty, has "Y tu Mama Tambien" been playing in Paris yet?  

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2004, 03:11:03 PM »

Not yet, but I recommend you all a mexican movie called "Amores Perros" from the director who recently made "21 Gramms" with Sean Penn and Benicio Del Toro.

EXCELLENT movie (Amores Perros).

General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2004, 08:05:44 AM »

Shorty, saw Amores Perros last night - excellent!  The first chapter was outstanding.  The kid who plays Octavio (Gael García Bernal) was great, he was also in Y tu Mama Tambien.

Ciao,
  Il Generale

Il Tramonto
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2004, 12:15:13 AM »

He's also going to be in the upcoming movie The Motorcycle Diaries, about a time in Che Guevera's life before he became a Revolutionary. And that looks very interesting. While I thought the 2nd and 3rd story in Amores Perros were pretty good, I absolutely loved the first part. I kinda wish that the whole movie would have just been that one story.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 12:15:55 AM by Il Tramonto » Logged
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2004, 06:19:55 AM »

Nothing up and coming about 'Motorcycle Dairies' went to see it about a month ago. its on release

Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2004, 11:32:43 AM »

I recently got the Herzog/Kinski box set. Great films, all of them. And the documentary, My Best Fiend, was at times hilarious. Does anyone know if if Kinski was problematic on FAFDM? I've never heard anything about him being a difficult actor from spaghetti directors working with him.

I also noticed that Benito Stefanelli was in it (as well as being the stunt co-ordinator) but didn't recognice him. For some reason unknown to me today, I had him mixed up with Father Pablo Ramirez, and was looking for Luigi Pistilli's face. Anyway, Cobra Verde was amazing, almost as good as Aguirre and Fitzcarraldo.

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2004, 05:18:33 AM »

I recently got the Herzog/Kinski box set. Great films, all of them. And the documentary, My Best Fiend, was at times hilarious. Does anyone know if if Kinski was problematic on FAFDM? I've never heard anything about him being a difficult actor from spaghetti directors working with him.

I think the fact that he was only a bit part speaks volumes!

It's class.
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2004, 07:36:56 AM »

Can't remember the source but there was suppose to been some rivalry between character actors on FAFDM, of course created by Mr Kinski, trying to up stage his Italian and American counter parts. I remember hoping ‘Something To Do With Death’ would brush upon this. But in hindsight, it’s a better book for not getting sucked into gossipy rumours on set.

P.S. Still haven’t got around to reading Kinski's notorious biography yet 'Kinski Uncut’. I keep bottling it, it’s a sick bloody mouth full allegedly. Grin

CloseUpEye
Chicken Thief

"...Squish you like a wormy apple"

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2004, 12:53:07 PM »

Both  Aruirre and Fitzcarraldo are unbelievely great movies. Lord, I thank every day I found this site! There isn't many out in my own little "real life" world! (minus the ones I FORCED to watch OUATITW  Wink
  The opening is yes indeed, quite dizzy, but by the same token, most breathtaking and excellent.
  Oh dang, there is my office phone, more to say later!
  Thanks all for existing out there, and may you have a good holiday season in case I don't make it back by then!
-Tom

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM