Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 11:44:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Let's put together a Spaghetti Western Script!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's put together a Spaghetti Western Script!  (Read 12128 times)
anbeck
Road Apple

Steppenwolf

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2004, 12:33:12 PM »

Hi there,

well, maybe the Spaghetti Western is dead... but only because nobody did one for years!

If you had the bucks to film a Spaghetti Western in Spain, with unknown actors, recycling a less known Morricone Score or an original soundtrack by an unknown composer... what would it be like?

What would your characters be like? What would be the basic plot?

There are enough people with Spaghetti Western knowledge here and the passion for it. We just could play with our minds and put together a script with a great plot and great characters!

So, tell us, what would you like to see in a new Spaghetti Western?

Andre

Ramon
Gunslinger

What are we going to do with this one Frank?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 01:17:46 PM »

A few of us made one in March! Not quite Leone yet but its a start. Hoping to set up a get-together next year too. Take a look at Blindman's site for some stills.

http://website.lineone.net/~braithwaitej/mainsite/overview/almeria04/sogni/sogni.htm

in these parts a man's life can depend on a mere scrap of information.

Ramon

www.fistfuloflocations.com
www.youtube.com/profile?user=swlocations
redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 03:56:32 PM »

I'm in a band, and I've actually written a Morricone style Spaghetti western theme which I'm really proud of, probably the best song I've ever written. I hope to use it some day.

It's class.
mortimer
Bandido

"You're not digging"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 07:59:01 PM »

Very cool site Ramon. Good luck on the project.

"Now you understand why we need the firecracker?"
JamesK
Bandido

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 11:21:12 AM »

If you had the bucks to film a Spaghetti Western in Spain, with unknown actors, recycling a less known Morricone Score or an original soundtrack by an unknown composer... what would it be like?

It's not as sexy (or expensive) as a movie, but I recently pitched a graphic one-shot to an artist friend of mine that would tell a Euro-Western kind of story.  He did some work on the Neversoft release, Gun, and is still interested in doing more work in the genre.

If it comes together, Bound by Blood will be a 32-page tale of revenge, as stripped down as some of the original Italo-Westerns.  He hasn't said yea or nay yet, but my fingers are crossed.  In the meanwhile, I've been kicking around the idea of doing a western as my next novel project.

Out West: The All-Fiction Western 'Zine
--> Submit today! <--
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 11:28:35 AM »

That sounds really cool James. I wish you the best of luck with it!

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
The Man With A Hand Brace
Road Apple

Known as the Rat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 05:03:30 PM »

We should write a script right here, just for the fun. Someone should give the basic story outline, then we each contribute a few lines, and see where we get.

Who's with me?

Police Squad ... In Colour!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2005, 08:20:01 PM »

I'm with you all the way Man With a Handbrace! Let's make a script! Everyone can make contributions and thier own charcters, sounds like fun!

Being that this is your idea Man With a Hand Brace, you should start. Any ideas for the title or plot?

Harmonica
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 03:05:12 PM »

I have done this once on a Bogart web board and it is alot of fun.  Although we had a few rules like if you introduced a character you are the only one allowed to kill him off or someone can PM you and ask for your permission to kill the character off.

You don't really need a plot or a title, I mean you can have one if you want, but it just kind of takes off on it's own and it's really great to see where the story goes and takes on a life of it's own.

"We all have to die.  It's just a question of when..."  -Hombre
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 10:54:16 PM »

I'm game lets start.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 03:08:54 PM »

I'm surprised that not many members take an interest in this post!

Harmonica
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 11:01:01 PM »

Let's do it!

Who wants to start us out?

We need to come up with a title and a timeframe.

I'd say a good title would be something like:

A Good Day To Die

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 11:12:36 PM »

EXT.  DESERT MOUNTIAN RANGE  DAY

We SEE a speck moving in the far distance, we HEAR the wind as it howls across the plateau before us blowing the greasewood brush wildly about.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Harmonica
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2005, 06:59:53 AM »

A lone coyote yelps in the distance.  The speck grows larger and emerages from the mountain range as a man wearing a black derby bowler hat and black duster on a Palamino.  The coyote howls again and the man pulls back on the reins of the horse to pause for a momnet.  Just as he is about to start back up he hears rumbling behind him.  He turns to see a small rock slide comming from the foothills of the mountains 25 yards away.  He notices a shinny glint of metal next to one of the large bolders where the rock slide seemed to generate from.

The hair starts to raise on the back of his neck and he hears the all to familier sound of Winchester cocking...

« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 07:11:08 AM by Harmonica » Logged

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2005, 02:57:59 PM »

From up in the mountains we hear someone scream " THIS IS FOR MY BROTHER!!! " The man fires the winchester repeatedly but misses. The man in the black derby gallops away to the side out of the way of the falling rocks. He takes cover behind a solid boulder just in case some falling rocks come his way. He pulls out his Colt Bluntline Special and connects the shoulder stalk ( or however you spell it ) to the but of the pistol. He takes aim as the man with the winchester up in the hills fires down at the man. One shot from the Bluntline rings out and the rifleman is dead. The rock slide has by now ended and the man gets up onto his horse and rides down to the praries.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM