Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 01:14:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  A Fistful of Posters - my new webpage
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Fistful of Posters - my new webpage  (Read 2724 times)
leone_lives
Road Apple

Bang! Bang! Bang!...... Bravo!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 30, 2004, 05:49:24 PM »

I have just created a new webpage that displays some of my poster collection, all of which are Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood related.  Please come and check it out and tell me what you think!

www.geocities.com/leone_lives/home

mortimer
Bandido

"You're not digging"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 04:13:27 PM »

Great collection. My problem is displaying my posters . Hate having a vintage posters collection folded up on the shelf!

"Now you understand why we need the firecracker?"
leone_lives
Road Apple

Bang! Bang! Bang!...... Bravo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 05:10:45 PM »

Great collection. My problem is displaying my posters . Hate having a vintage posters collection folded up on the shelf!

Yes, well you should not have your posters folded if you can help it as it places stress on the fold lines.  Best way to store them is flat under a bed or something.  I had a wooden box specially made that is slightly larger than a U.S 1 sheet and insect proof to store my posters in under the spare bed.  For the posters that are larger than a 1 sheet, well, they have to remain folded as they are just too big to store flat anywhere.
When it comes to framing them, it is simply an expensive exercise with no easy and cheap shortcuts if you want to do it properly.  For best results (and to preserve your poster) you can have it linen-backed.  This reversable conservation process involves sticking your poster to a heavy piece of linen or canvas to remove all fold lines and perhaps touch-up any rips or missing paper.  The poster is then very easy to mount in a frame.  
I only have one of my posters linen-backed (I bought it in that condition as it had been repaired). Unfortunately for me, there are no linen-backing services here in Australia, so I need to send my posters to the States to have them done, making an expensive process all the more costly.
One of these days I'll actually get the posters out of the box and up on the walls where they belong!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM