Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 06:36:30 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Most Versatile Actor/Actress?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Most Versatile Actor/Actress?  (Read 884 times)
tintin
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:23:29 PM »

Cast your vote for the most versatile actor, or, actress, of your opinion.

I, myself, am torn between James Cagney, Tom Hanks, Robert Duval, Sean Connery,  and Danny DeVito.    I give Coburn some Kudos, too.  I don't give Eastwood any, as his attempts to play romantic parts., "Paint Your Wagon", "Bridges of Madison County" are wimpy...he is best as the tough guy.

"Government is like a big baby with an unfillable mouth at one end and a total lack of responsibility at the other"-Ronald Reagan
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 12:19:24 AM »

Paul Muni, Film historian Robert Osborne notes that his makeup skills were so creative, that for most of his roles, "he transformed his appearance so completely, he was dubbed 'the New Lon Chaney.'

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
tintin
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 09:22:35 AM »

Oh, I forgot Lon Chanel (Sr!)  Slap my Hand!   Cry But, then, he Did always play a horror role.

I am looking for actors that break out of the stereotype. (Eastwood never did--not cutting him down, I Like him. But, he is only good as a Tough Guy.)

Didn't Muni play in a Charlie Chan movie?  ( I know Sidney Toller did the character usually) And in,  "I was a Prisoner on a Chain Gang"?

"Government is like a big baby with an unfillable mouth at one end and a total lack of responsibility at the other"-Ronald Reagan
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 06:25:08 PM »

Oh, I forgot Lon Chanel (Sr!)  Slap my Hand!   Cry But, then, he Did always play a horror role.

I am looking for actors that break out of the stereotype. (Eastwood never did--not cutting him down, I Like him. But, he is only good as a Tough Guy.)

Didn't Muni play in a Charlie Chan movie?  ( I know Sidney Toller did the character usually) And in,  "I was a Prisoner on a Chain Gang"?

Check him out in

Scarface (1932)
I Am A Fugitive From A Chain Gang (1932)
The Story of Louis Pasteur (1936)
The Good Earth (1937)
The Life of Emile Zola (1937)
Juarez (1939)
Hudson's Bay (1941)
Angel on My Shoulder (1946)

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM