Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 04:57:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Trivia Games (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  what is the parts combo of tucos gun? and why?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what is the parts combo of tucos gun? and why?  (Read 5827 times)
namoc
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2004, 12:52:34 AM »

Huh

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 01:11:39 PM »

Im not sure about the parts he tries out. He end up with a Navy Colt. Blondie uses on too.

See this post for more (pictures etc.)
http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=690;start=msg6315#msg6315

namoc
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 10:33:02 PM »

Huh

the base gun is a confederate (the main frame was brass instead of steel) colt "navy" (smaller pistol handles), the cylinder borte must have been a S&W since they were the only ones that had cartridge firing cylinders, the other parts must have been to allow the cylinder to fit or turn with the trigger mechanism, although i am not sure that they could be removed as easily as shown. the barrel and cylinder can be removed quickly, by not the other pieces which would have required to dissamble the handles and frame. Wink Wink

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 06:56:54 AM »

Gunsmiths were able to convert Colt cap and ball revolvers to cartridge, so it may have been a converted cylinder.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 05:03:31 PM »

Just a question... Wallach said that the parts of the gun where not written in the script... but i can't believe it: he makes it so easily! So, cigar joe, please answer: is it realistic?

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 04:34:57 AM »

Realistic, well the cylinder of a Colt or Remmington comes out real easy, you cock the hammer part of the way to release the lock that holds the cylinder in position (the lock is a tab bascically that pushs up from the frame into a slot in the cylinder) this allows the cylinder to spin freely. There is a small rod that you push to the side below the barrel that releases the axel the the cylinder spins on. You can pull this out towards the front of the gun and remove the cylinder. You usually open the loading gate and it comes out through it, the geared end of the cylinder that causes it to spin slips out the gate.

I've never removed a barrel so that part I'm not sure of, it may be relatively easy on a used revolver, a new one may require some type of tool.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 04:38:35 AM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 05:51:13 AM »

but can you realy put together parts of different guns without any tool?

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 04:52:12 PM »

I believe all Tuco does is put together parts of different Colts of the same caliber Navy & Army. Colts back then had a tendency to have slight banana barrles, one in a 1000 may have had a straight one, also there were Colt knock off made by the Conferderacy with brass frames rather than steel.

Realistic, well the cylinder of a Colt or Remmington comes out real easy, you cock the hammer part of the way to release the lock that holds the cylinder in position (the lock is a tab bascically that pushs up from the frame into a slot in the cylinder) this allows the cylinder to spin freely. There is a small rod that you push to the side below the barrel that releases the axel the the cylinder spins on. You can pull this out towards the front of the gun and remove the cylinder. You usually open the loading gate and it comes out through it, the geared end of the cylinder that causes it to spin slips out the gate.

I've taken my Remington apart as easily as mentioned above.

The only part that may require a tool is the wedge of steel that locks the barrel, on a well used Colt it may be loose enough to do by hand, the rest of the gun parts like the grips and trigger guard only requiers a screw driver.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 04:56:07 PM by cigar joe » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM