Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 03:56:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  the sequel to the good the bad and the ugly.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: the sequel to the good the bad and the ugly.  (Read 5630 times)
mortimerforever
Gunslinger

when you have to shoot shoot don''''t talk

View Profile WWW
« on: June 11, 2004, 11:04:15 AM »

whilst reading a book about sergio leone  by oreste de fornari when the scriptwriter[vincenzoni] mentioned something about a sequel to il buno il brutto il cattivo.

it begins twenty years after the end of the first. a dust covered horseman arrives[Eli Wallach]. He enters the saloon and asks the bartender of blondie's whereabouts. when no info is found tuco returns to his horse and a poster blows in his face...eastwood has become a town mayor. Tuco does not realise that when he leaves, Sentenza's brother[Lee Van Cleef]arrives and sees the same poster. when Tuco arrives, the mayor has been killed and Tuco goes to the grave where he finds Eastwood's son next to it. when the son leaves and Tuco follows, eastwood's voice comes from the grave'' Watch out kid, the world is full of sons-o-bitches. As if to prove his point, eastwood's murderer[Sentenza's brother] sticks his nose out.

After many different adventures and twists, wallach rescues the son from certain death also meeting a strange nun. they attempt to find van cleef and in a final showdown in a ranch house backyard tuco kills him. the son turns tuco in for the reward but as the noose hangs, a mysterious shot shoots down the rope once more.

you became a priest because you are too much of a coward to do what I do!

tuco ramirez number01 fan.
''''''''two kinds of spurs my friend.''''''''
Bill Carson
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 02:26:47 PM »

Cool  wow. this sounds interesting to say the least. I think it's fair to  say that this will never become a film ( I mean it would have been perfect timing were it made sometime in the 80's eh? ) but I must say that I have always wondered what the 'Two Magnificent Tramps' did next? who knows? perhaps one day we might just see this story as a book? graphic novel? ANIME...?

John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 02:51:03 PM »

Blondie can't die, it's impossible...He is the man with no name, he is a legend, and a legend never dies!!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
mortimerforever
Gunslinger

when you have to shoot shoot don''''t talk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 01:28:18 AM »

yeah but it seems that it is his ghost that shoots tuco down.

there are two kinds of spurs my friend. those that come in by the door,those that come in by the window.

tuco ramirez number01 fan.
''''''''two kinds of spurs my friend.''''''''
johnh
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 06:19:45 AM »

I thought GBU was a prequel to Fistful of Dollars.

As the film progresses we see the evolution of Blondie into the Man With No Name as he acquires the hat, poncho, cheroot and so on. I've a feeling I read this in Leone's biography (the one by Frayling), but I don't have it to hand at the moment.

Mind you, I'm not sure there was all that much planning going into these films at the time, so maybe the possiblity of a sequel, which had in fact already been made, was suggested at some point.

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 01:43:58 PM »

I like to think of the films not being connected. everything else is fanboy fantasties.
using the pre-- word (a producers weat dream) around films of such greatness. tut tut  Roll Eyes  Grin

« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 01:44:41 PM by The Smoker » Logged

Thosefalsenotes
Road Apple

Watch me.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 02:17:34 AM »

eastwood's voice comes from the grave'' Watch out kid, the world is full of sons-o-bitches. As if to prove his point, eastwood's corpse rises from the grave and conquers the universe.

Fixed.

Walter
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 08:30:09 AM »

Blondie can't die, it's impossible...He is the man with no name, he is a legend, and a legend never dies!!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin

But the shot that cuts the rope clearly implies that Blondie didn't die. The grave in the script was a hoax!

Dying ain't much of a living, boy
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2004, 10:42:39 AM »

i hate sequels... period. the unconnected trilogy was enough for me...

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
Lewis Hawk
Bandido

"Creuse..."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2004, 08:48:11 AM »

Leone said he wanted his trilogy to be a never ending story, a cycle. That's why blondie find the poncho at the end of gbu: so we can imagine he'll go to "FAFOD" et "FAFDM"....
Leone said that. I just repeat!!! Embarrassed

amanwitha45
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2004, 05:20:23 PM »

nice

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM