Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2017, 08:12:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rocky Mountain (1950)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Mountain (1950)  (Read 1472 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2011, 05:01:22 AM »

Best Flynn after They Died With Their Boots On. Everything is excellent except some night scenes which are impossible to penetrate, you just have to follow the dialogues because the screen is imbued in darkness. 8\10

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 05:03:56 AM »

Not sure I've seen this one  Cry

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 05:26:06 AM »

This is one I like, and one I like to rewatch. In parts it tries to be a departure from the earlier Flynn style. 7/10 maybe even 8

I generally like these Flynn action flics, even if most of them are riddled with cliches. But the ones of Curtiz and Walsh are excellent 40s big budget Hollywood style with mostly terrific action and atmospheric costumes and sets. I think Santa Fe Trail is the best of the bunch.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 09:06:40 PM »

Just watched this one tonight, never saw it before and it is a pretty good Western. Its got a nice mix of characters which helps quite a lot especially since it all takes place in a single location.

Synopsis from IMDb:  A Confederate troop, led by Captain Lafe Barstow (Flynn), is prowling the far ranges of California and Nevada in a last desperate attempt to build up an army in the West for the faltering Confederacy. Because the patrol saves a stagecoach, with Johanna Carter as one of the passengers, from an Indian attack, and is marooned on a rocky mountain, it fails in its mission but the honor of the Old South is upheld.

Check it out 8/10.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 10:42:22 PM »

What about the night scenes?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 05:53:00 AM »

What about the night scenes?

Barely lit but I got the jist of what was going on so it didn't bother me that much.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 11:25:51 AM »

Saw this again the other day, the parts that kept my attention were still good, I forgot to pay attention to the night sequences.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM