Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 02:10:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  F.O.D. 8mm film
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: F.O.D. 8mm film  (Read 1549 times)
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2011, 10:37:34 AM »

Back in the 70's KEN films put out a bunch of Leone films on 8mm in germany-unfortunately they are just "select scenes", which even then sounds better than what they did - which is to assemble PEICES of scenes into a film reel...

I have 2 of these for FAFDM, one from FOD and one from OATITW

Anyways, for fun, here is the F.O.D. reel (I uploaded it at pretty high quality, (because it's so low quality to begin with) so it will take a while to load...)

http://jordankrug.com/Screening_Room/leone2/fodleone8mm.mov

Would love to hear if anyone who speaks german notices anything new or different?

mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 06:07:31 AM »

As far as I know KEN had nothing to do with releasing them over here. Marketing Film was a leading
company of S-8 Films. Of the three big ones in Germany (UFA, Piccolo being the other two, they both
had Italian Western in their program) Marketing started last, in 1974. Among their very first release
were FOD & FDM as well as MY NAME IS NOBODY (major S-8 hit over here). Marketing had a deal with
Constantin film (the co-producers of the two Dollar films).
OUATITW was realeased later in 1979, when Marketing had a deal with Paramount and even released them
in the US (same blue  packaging as the German Marketing boxes), in 1979 I guess. By then they had started
to skip the one reeler and concentrated more on three reeler (330m; OUATITW) or even four reelers
(over one hour running, not bad for the 70's).

For years (until the DVD's were released9 it was the only chance to hear some of the original dubbing,
for the 1980 re-releases both Dollar films had been re-dubbed and recut for a lower rating.

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 08:09:50 AM »

You're right - my bad, the boxes say Marketing film! thanks for the info!

As far as I know KEN had nothing to do with releasing them over here. Marketing Film was a leading
company of S-8 Films. Of the three big ones in Germany (UFA, Piccolo being the other two, they both
had Italian Western in their program) Marketing started last, in 1974. Among their very first release
were FOD & FDM as well as MY NAME IS NOBODY (major S-8 hit over here). Marketing had a deal with
Constantin film (the co-producers of the two Dollar films).
OUATITW was realeased later in 1979, when Marketing had a deal with Paramount and even released them
in the US (same blue  packaging as the German Marketing boxes), in 1979 I guess. By then they had started
to skip the one reeler and concentrated more on three reeler (330m; OUATITW) or even four reelers
(over one hour running, not bad for the 70's).

For years (until the DVD's were released9 it was the only chance to hear some of the original dubbing,
for the 1980 re-releases both Dollar films had been re-dubbed and recut for a lower rating.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM