Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 05:57:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  FoD on HDNet this month
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FoD on HDNet this month  (Read 2620 times)
00Diablo
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2004, 05:18:14 PM »

Hello,

Did anyone catch Fistful of Dynamite on HDNet Movies this month?

I just viewed it on Saturday afternoon for the first time via HDNet on DirecTV - beautiful, widescreen high definition transfer and 5.1 sound. I enjoyed the film more and more as it went along and was pretty moved by the end, Juan and Sean made for a great pair. Morricone's music was pure genius, as always.

As I said, this was the first time I've ever seen the film, so I'm not sure exactly what version was aired.  I've read a few accounts on the ''Net of the various versions about, and it seems most of the cut scenes I've read about were intact with this print.

However, there were a few moments where the continuity didn't seem quite right, so perhaps there is a longer version of FoD still out there. If anyone happened to catch the high definition showing of FoD on HDNet, was this the definitive version?

Here are the remaining showings of FoD for this month:
5:45 PM ET / 2:45 PM PT - Wed, Jun 16th
10:00 AM ET / 7:00 AM PT - Thu, Jun 17th
11:45 AM ET / 8:45 AM PT - Tue, Jun 22nd
6:50 AM ET / 3:50 AM PT - Wed, Jun 23rd
10:05 PM ET / 7:05 PM PT - Sun, Jun 27th
2:30 AM ET - Mon, Jun 28th / 11:30 PM PT - Sun, Jun 27th

mortimer
Bandido

"You're not digging"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 01:39:35 PM »

High Def?? Wow, I am jealous. First I have heard of a leone in hi def, wonder if comcast carries hdnet or is this satellite only. Should be over 150 minutes to be near complete and near 162 I believe to include the ending 4 minute flashback scene before sean blows himself up

« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 01:47:28 PM by mortimer » Logged

"Now you understand why we need the firecracker?"
00Diablo
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 05:40:12 PM »

I think there are one or two cable companies that carry HDNET, but I know Comcast isn't one of them.

The schedule on the HDNET Movies website shows a running time of 138 minutes. But the showing I saw definitely included the flashback sequence right before Sean blows himself up. The flashback sequence was at lease a couple of minutes long, and showed Sean running through a field and then kissing a woman while his friend attentively watched, then took his turn.

What was up with the menage a trois? Seemed a little bizarre, and I'm unsure of the significance.

mortimer
Bandido

"You're not digging"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 10:03:54 PM »

138 would definitely be short as my korean dvd is 153 NOT including the last flashback.

"Now you understand why we need the firecracker?"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM