Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 12:13:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Symbolism; final explosion?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Symbolism; final explosion?  (Read 1582 times)
tintinteslacoil
« on: July 05, 2011, 08:16:34 AM »

After having watched the CD for the 30th time, I wonder:

Was there symbolism when the camera seemed to focus on John's  now-loaded machine gun  in the  foreground, when he wasi actually in background, talking with Dr. Villega?  A symbol of death for them?

The final explosion--a mushroom cloud? Any significance to the modern day nuclear bombs,  or, just something conventional explosions sometimes do?

A glitch:  Sentenza said they had "maybe, 200 pounds [of dynamite]". 4  cases were attached to the cow catcher of the train. This is 4 x 50 lbs, 200 lbs. Yet, John makes a final trap, a charge right where he seems to Know the trains will meet. When did he ride ahead to set the charge?  Where did he get the dynamite, if all 200 lbs. were already used? (I doubt one case was partially empty--who'd do that?)

Not a major point, but, with the clipping this  poor movie received, a lot of scenes don't flow together. I didn't fully understand until I read the book.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 03:37:50 PM »

The final explosion--a mushroom cloud? Any significance to the modern day nuclear bombs,  or, just something conventional explosions sometimes do?
The emphasis seems to be on ascension. Mallory is being taken to his final reward.

That's what you get, Drink, for lying in the middle of the road.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM