Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 09:35:35 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Hugo (2011)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hugo (2011)  (Read 1551 times)
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2011, 04:42:59 PM »

I will defend modern Scorsese any day. Gangs of New York, The Aviator, The Departed, and especially Shutter Island are all great films.

Hugo? Looks fucking terrible. I have no problem with Scorsese trying out a kid's movie, but from the looks of the trailer this looks like complete and total rehashed garbage. I'll be there the first weekend for sure, but if not for Scorsese's attachment it's something I wouldn't even consider seeing. There's even two instances of 'trip and fall/get hurt" humor with Sacha Baron Cohen. WTF...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR-kP-olcpM

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 04:37:46 AM »

I will defend modern Spielberg any day. AI, Munich, Catch Me and especially War of the Worlds are all great films. But War Horse looks far more terrible than Hugo:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjlmcd_war-horse-trailer-1-vo-hd_shortfilms

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 09:35:55 AM »

Agreed that War Horse (and Tintin) look like shit, but I think I'd take them both over Hugo based on the trailers.

Now the only movies I care about the rest of the year are Take Shelter and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

And...War of the Worlds...great film? EEEEEEEEHHhhh.....

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 09:39:47 AM by rrpower » Logged
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »

I watched Bringing out the Dead last night and it's just amazing. I think he put more into it than any other movie. I think Scorsese found inner peace these last 10 years or so and his movies have greatly suffered because of it. He reverted to the guy who made Kundun and Age of Innocence. I don't know why. I don't think this Hugo trailer is any different than the other Leo movies to be honest. I haven't seen Shutter Island though.

Spielberg is much more interesting than Scorsese from 2000 onward. It's not even close imo.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM