Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 06:56:11 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  FoD in High-Def on HDNET
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FoD in High-Def on HDNET  (Read 1524 times)
00Diablo
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2004, 05:48:40 PM »

Hello,

Did anyone catch Fistful of Dynamite on HDNet Movies this month? I'm very curious as to what version of the film was aired. I posted this in the FoD forum but did not get a definitive answer.

I viewed it last Saturday afternoon for the first time via HDNet on DirecTV - beautiful, widescreen high definition transfer and 5.1 sound. I enjoyed the film more and more as it went along and was pretty moved by the end, Juan and Sean made for a great pair. Morricone's music was pure genius, as always.

As I said, this was the first time I've ever seen the film, so I'm not sure exactly what version was aired.  I've read a few accounts on the ''Net of the various versions about, and it seems most of the cut scenes I've read about were intact with this print.

However, there were a few moments where the continuity didn't seem quite right, so perhaps there is a longer version of FoD still out there. If anyone happened to catch the high definition showing of FoD on HDNet, was this the definitive version?

For those with DirecTV and a HDTV setup, here are the remaining showings of FoD for this month:

11:45 AM ET / 8:45 AM PT - Tue, Jun 22nd
6:50 AM ET / 3:50 AM PT - Wed, Jun 23rd
10:05 PM ET / 7:05 PM PT - Sun, Jun 27th
2:30 AM ET - Mon, Jun 28th / 11:30 PM PT - Sun, Jun 27th

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM