Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 01:12:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Gunshots
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunshots  (Read 3293 times)
johnk
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2011, 04:28:22 AM »

I think Gunshots should sound like they do in Italian Westerns and not as in reality.......Really cool on film

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 09:17:27 AM »

I'm with you on that: it's way cooler to ear everything (powder, cracks, air...). I've been trying to replicate this in my short movies, never could. I really need a good sound designer.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 08:37:17 AM »

I think Gunshots should sound like they do in Italian Westerns and not as in reality.......Really cool on film

Hyper reality  Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 01:40:03 PM »

Hyper reality  Afro

Are there any videos , maybe on You Tube perhaps, that lets you here how an actual gunshot from a real  gun actually sounds. Maybe there is a comparison video or audio recording comparing the real version against the cinema version.

I have never heard a "real" gun go off ever in real life, except on news programs pehaps...but not close up, so I have no conception as to how loud they are or the power they generate...only the "Crack crack" and not the "boom Boom" you here on the cinema.

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 03:33:28 PM »

Well if you are shooting them they sound loud but if you are say 100 feet away it sounds like a pop, then again a lot has to do with where you are too, out on a flat,  in a canyon, in the forest, lot of variations.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
johnk
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 09:15:08 PM »

Are there any videos , maybe on You Tube perhaps, that lets you here how an actual gunshot from a real  gun actually sounds. Maybe there is a comparison video or audio recording comparing the real version against the cinema version.

I have never heard a "real" gun go off ever in real life, except on news programs pehaps...but not close up, so I have no conception as to how loud they are or the power they generate...only the "Crack crack" and not the "boom Boom" you here on the cinema.

ICE

I have shot a number of Blackpowder Revolvers after loading which takes a couple of minutes shooting is done in about 15 secs............Loud deep boom,lots of smoke and feels you have small  cannon in hand......

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 06:30:05 PM »

ICE

The last time I fired a real gun was my dad's old .38 revolver. I only fired two shots and managed to half-deafen myself.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM