Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 11:33:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  I giorni dell'ira aka Day of Anger (1967)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Poll
Question: What do you think of it?
Must see   -4 (25%)
Great   -4 (25%)
Good   -4 (25%)
Ok   -3 (18.8%)
Bad   -0 (0%)
Terrible   -1 (6.3%)
I wish I could turn back time and never see it   -0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: I giorni dell'ira aka Day of Anger (1967)  (Read 30340 times)
indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2005, 04:24:14 AM »

its a great film but i would say big gundown is better.

That could just be cannon fire.
Tucos wife
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2005, 12:03:04 PM »

Yes, I loved that movie and always wanted to get a copy.

Tuco Benedito Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2005, 12:00:25 AM »

keep an eye out on e bay, thats where i got mine , its a dvd too.

That could just be cannon fire.
Sgt. Angel eyes
Chicken Thief

I wish you luck!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2005, 01:00:32 PM »

I just found this at an antique/junk store for $2.50. It's a pretty horrible copy to begin with, since the package and tape appear to be new. Color is too hot, contrast too black etc.

Anyways. Man this movie stinks, lol. I thought I would like it, and I do for the same reason I like most dubbed movies. Either it was dubbed, or the sound was just that far off, sheesh. The only good actor in the whole movie is Lee Van Cleef. The whole hokey connection to the OK corral shootout was just too contrived and made up. Scott(y) Mary sure got tough fast too, lol. Horrible movie, but good to have in the collection at least. I get to see how Lee does without Clint around. He does pretty good, too bad the rest of the actors stunk. Roll Eyes I give 2 1/2 stars,  strictly for Lee being in it.,,,SAE

How's your digestion now??
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2005, 04:35:52 PM »

Sgt. Angel Eyes, you have to get or see the uncut widescreen DVD of Day of Anger, Wild East has it in a restored version it's actually not bad. It really has nothing to do with the OK Corral, don't know how it was cut but there are a lot of Spaghetti Westerns that were butchered and released here in the USA that when viewed restored are completely different films.

Leone's "GBU" was trimmed of 20 minutes and just recently was released with the scenes restored in the SE edition, his "OUATITW" was completely butchered when first relaesed here, Corbucci's "The Mercenary" was cut and released as "A Professional Gun", "Companero's was cut. " The Big Gundown" has never had an uncut R1 release, Petroni's "Death Rides a Horse" has no decent widescreen R1 release. I could go on and on.

That offering of DOA is the only film that I can recommend though, didn't think much of Requisant, and haven't seen the others.

Wild East website:
http://www.wildeast.net/content.htm

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2005, 04:31:55 PM »

I've only seen the heavily butchered (by about 15 minutes!!) version "Gunlaw", but recently got the Wild East version to enjoy (hopefully).

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
KERMIT
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2005, 02:53:23 PM »

I just found this at an antique/junk store for $2.50. It's a pretty horrible copy to begin with, since the package and tape appear to be new. Color is too hot, contrast too black etc.

Anyways. Man this movie stinks, lol. I thought I would like it, and I do for the same reason I like most dubbed movies. Either it was dubbed, or the sound was just that far off, sheesh. The only good actor in the whole movie is Lee Van Cleef. The whole hokey connection to the OK corral shootout was just too contrived and made up. Scott(y) Mary sure got tough fast too, lol. Horrible movie, but good to have in the collection at least. I get to see how Lee does without Clint around. He does pretty good, too bad the rest of the actors stunk. Roll Eyes I give 2 1/2 stars,  strictly for Lee being in it.,,,SAE
if you buy the dvd of DOA and want to unload what you found, lemme know.  thanks sarg.  Wink

« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 08:41:37 PM by Kermit » Logged
Concorde
Gunslinger

"Finally, I believe ONLY in dynamite...."

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2005, 06:33:33 AM »

Yeah, the older American releases of DAY OF ANGER are butchered so badly they make no sense. We never even see Van Cleef using the double-barrelled gun that he's firing (with his right hand) in the poster art, because that scene was cut out!

The connection to the OK Corral shoot-out is sheer nonsense, as the pistol supposedly used in that shoot-out is an 1894-model, and the OK Corral gunfight took place in 1881.

Nevertheless, that silly movie does have a lot of great moments in it....

BTW, I fear that the Wild East restored DVD version is out of print now.

HEX
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2005, 08:41:24 AM »

in the DAY OF ANGER dvd there is cover art of LEE VAN CLEEF holding a pistol in one hand and what seems to be like a sawed-off shotgun(or some type of shotgun for that matter). where in the movie does he even pick-up a shotgun? much less the one that looks like the one in the cover art?
i bought the film from wild east( which is supposedly uncut) and there is no shotgun scene.

usually i would dismiss this with just being cover art to make the film look more interesting(which happens alot at the time) but someone on this board said one time to someone else who asked about where the shotgun was? and he replied that it is in the uncut version. now it is safe to assume that someone was lying. but why would he lie?what would be the point? i have reasn to believe that the wild east version is not entirly uncut.

can someone shed light on this mystery? Huh Huh Huh

« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 09:11:32 AM by HEX » Logged
HEX
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2005, 11:57:52 PM »

no one i see?

not eeven marco leone?
what gives?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2005, 01:41:07 PM »

I don't know for sure, ask over at SWWB they'd know.
I think its just cover art, now if there was an image of it.....  Cool

http://disc.server.com/Indices/160642.html

« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 01:43:59 PM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
HEX
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2005, 11:17:39 AM »

thanks i will look there.

but if any one knows anyway  and happens to look here. my question still stands.

HEX
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2005, 10:57:59 AM »

any one ever notice in the last few frames of DAY OF ANGER, scott(GEMMA) completly gets out of character turns his head back and looks straight at the camera! it was so hilarious. it was as if TONINO(the director) yelled "cut!" and GEMMA turned around as he heard the shout.

why would they allow that to be on the film? what sloppy editing. it took me out of the moment. check it out. and lets discuss it.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 11:00:52 AM by HEX » Logged
Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2005, 03:10:31 PM »

Got DOA today on Ebay for about $20 plus postage. The seller turned out to be Xploited. He seems to have it on Ebay quite often if anyone's interested.

HEX
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2005, 06:11:03 PM »

Got DOA today on Ebay for about $20 plus postage. The seller turned out to be Xploited. He seems to have it on Ebay quite often if anyone's interested.

enjoy LE BON. it is a bit over-rated, but it is one of the best sw's out there.

by over rated i mean many people put this up there with
the leone caliber. and sorry to dissappoint but leone is in a different class all alone(though i dont think that is disappointing nor surprising).

for example SHOBARY has the movie on 100%.
i hardly think this belongs there. a good 90% is sufficent enough.according to him DAY OF ANGER is better than ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST(excuse me as I laugh uncontrollably)LOL LOL LOL LOL.

overall great sw. no leone(which all of his westerns are masterpieces, except maybe FOD which is just great.)

if any of u have trouble finding DAY OF ANGER( which has been out of print for a long while now) u can find it at xploited cinema(www.xploitedcinema.com).

but hurry u dont know how much copies they have left. and once it is gone, it is GONE! so u can buy now, or go hunting on ebay, youre choice.

BUY NOW
BUY NOW
BUY NOW
BUY NOW
BUY NOW
BUY NOW
BUY NOW
BUY NOW
BUY NOW
BUY NOW
BUY NOW
BUY NOW