Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2018, 02:32:15 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  WOODY STRODE
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: WOODY STRODE  ( 4374 )
Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

« : July 22, 2004, 09:41:59 AM »

Famous as one of the men in dustcoats at start of OUATITW and many other screen appearances, I came across a copy of his auto biography called GOLD DUST. Incredible story and just ripe for a Hollywood adaptation.

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
KERMIT

« #1 : July 22, 2004, 10:25:54 AM »

Famous as one of the men in dustcoats at start of OUATITW and many other screen appearances, I came across a copy of his auto biography called GOLD DUST. Incredible story and just ripe for a Hollywood adaptation.
make no mistake about it. WOODY STRODE incredibly
gifted actor.  first time i saw him was in 1960 film "the last voyage".  he stold the show, flat out !
thanks BELKIN !  there was just something different about him.  as in, " the real deal" !

i had no idea there was an auto-biography out on this man's man. "GOLD DUST " eh ?  i'll cop it and read with great joy.  like soooo many fine actors, mr. strode , i feel, never got his dues paid back in full...... :-\
i beleive his last film was "the quick and the dead". quite a cult figure.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0834754/

« : July 22, 2004, 01:38:59 PM KERMIT »
Belkin
Gunslinger

« #2 : July 22, 2004, 01:21:20 PM »

make no mistake about. WOODY STRODE incredibly
gifted actor.  first time i saw him was in 1960 film "the last voyage".  he stold the show, flat out !
thanks BELKIN !  there was just something different about him.  as in, " the real deal" !

i had no idea there was an auto-biography out on this man's man. "GOLD DUST " eh ?  i'll cop it and read with great joy.  like soooo many fine actors, mr. strode , i feel, never got his dues paid back in full...... :-\
i beleive his last film was "the quick and the dead". quite a cult figure.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0834754/
Nice one, my friend. MR. Strode is a force to be reckoned with. I always thought he stole THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE (1962) from JOHN WAYNE, JIMMY STEWARD and LEE MARVIN, no mean feat. Also, he was excellent in THE PROFESSIONALS (1966), working alongside BURT LANCASTER, LEE MARVIN (again) and JACK PALANCE and indeed, a very young CLAUDIA CARDINALE (the once and future JILL)! If you get a chance, check him out in TARZAN'S FIGHT FOR LIFE (1958), SGT. RUTLEDGE ((1960, same year as his stunning performance in SPARTACUS) and TWO RODE TOGETHER (1961). ALL IN ALL A VERY UNDER-RATED ACTOR. You are so right, he was "THE REAL DEAL". ;)

Belkin
Gunslinger

« #3 : March 14, 2005, 03:17:53 AM »

Just re-reading Strode's wonderful biog! It contains a great photo of CLINT and WOODY fighting for a six shooter in an episode from RAWHIDE. Which begs the question; how many LEONE actors has/had CLINT worked with before trilogy and OUATITW; including RAWHIDE and other film/tv?
Would love to know.

« : March 14, 2005, 03:21:07 AM Belkin »

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #4 : March 14, 2005, 04:56:54 AM »

Just Lee Van Cleef as far as I checked.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

« #5 : March 14, 2005, 12:55:02 PM »

What about Jack Elam?
any appearances.

Little off topic -He was on the other show.
Just found this Gunsmoke recurring cast
Bronson was too.

Borrowed a copy of Unforgiven on DVD of a mate.
One of the extras is a Maverick episode "Duel at Sundown" from 1959 starring Eastwood. nice touch

« : March 14, 2005, 01:34:16 PM The Smoker »

Belkin
Gunslinger

« #6 : March 14, 2005, 03:16:56 PM »

Just found a TV site that lists CHARLES BRONSON and JAMES COBURN as guest stars on RAWHIDE (different episodes).

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #7 : March 14, 2005, 03:56:18 PM »

I did a quick IMDb before I posted, you are probably right, was Bronson under Buchinsky?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Belkin
Gunslinger

« #8 : March 15, 2005, 01:56:05 AM »

I did a quick IMDb before I posted, you are probably right, was Bronson under Buchinsky?
He was indeed, cigar joe.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines