Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2018, 06:57:31 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Li'l Duce's Reviews Palace
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3 ... 51
: Li'l Duce's Reviews Palace  ( 109540 )
titoli
Bounty Killer

« : September 15, 2011, 05:59:28 AM »

I decided to open up a topic instead of posting in the rrpower's thread because this renders the search easier. (And I know that this will also make rrpower happy too).

Tyson (2008)  A good documentary on Tyson. I give it 8\10 in spite of having only Tyson speaking  about himself. I was never a fan of him (boxing starting and ending for me basically with Alì) but I could appreciate some short scenes of him trainng before being the champ where it is clear what was his principal athletic virtues: fastness of trunk, arms and head. The psychological aspects are not new to any Alì fan like myself still hearing them being extolled by Tyson is not so obvious; as it is discovering he's just as logorrhoic as Alì was.

« : January 03, 2013, 09:20:59 AM titoli »

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #1 : September 15, 2011, 07:12:38 AM »

People around here think I have a huge ego. Thanks Titoli, for putting the matter into perspective. O0

Saturday nights with Groggy
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #2 : September 15, 2011, 08:47:32 AM »

And I thank you for reading me.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #3 : September 15, 2011, 09:09:27 AM »

And I thank you for reading me.

I never said you were a bad writer.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #4 : September 15, 2011, 10:18:06 AM »

People around here think I have a huge ego. Thanks Titoli, for putting the matter into perspective. O0
Seconded. Maybe we can get the administrators to rename the board Shortsful-Of-Titoli.

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #5 : September 15, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »

Seconded. Maybe we can get the administrators to rename the board Shortsful-Of-Titoli.

That's why you'll keep the thread high.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #6 : September 18, 2011, 09:14:15 AM »

Young Man With a Horn (1949) Good music (though DD sings too sugary), but the plot sucks. The Bacall-Douglas story doesn't work, badly built and develop, and so Douglas subsequent behaviour. 5\10

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #7 : September 24, 2011, 11:37:34 AM »

Merrill's Marauders (1962) Chandler dies on the screen and few months later will die on a surgery table at 43. This movie is very good, probably not Fuller's best because still has some hollywoodish crap vignette one could rather do without, but worth a full 7\10, maybe more.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #8 : September 24, 2011, 01:28:24 PM »

The Perfect Storm (2000) Not so perfect special effects, though. And as this is based heavily on those, that means a lot. I don't like Clooney to boot. You learn something about fishing though, so I give it 5\10.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #9 : September 25, 2011, 04:26:46 PM »

Speed (1994) At the moment a more over the top movie than this doesn't come to mind. Sly must have felt ashamed when he saw it: all action, like he was never able to do. I don't like Keanu Reeves but Sandra Bullock makes up for it. 8\10

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #10 : September 25, 2011, 08:58:43 PM »

(And I know that this will also make rrpower happy too)
Haha you think I care that you're not posting in my thread? The only kind of person who that would bother is someone who is enough of a giant wiener to think their opinions on certain movies is important enough to warrant its own discussion.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #11 : September 26, 2011, 06:45:46 AM »

RR is always an astute observer of the human condition, and this post is no different. Rather than engage others in discussion, Titoli would rather be in a corner by himself. Fair enough I suppose.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #12 : September 26, 2011, 08:00:06 AM »

RR is always an astute observer of the human condition, and this post is no different. Rather than engage others in discussion, Titoli would rather be in a corner by himself. Fair enough I suppose.

"titoli", not "Titoli"

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #13 : September 26, 2011, 09:27:06 AM »

There's no need to humor titoli by extending this thread any more than necessary. This will be my last post in the thread. If I want to respond to something he says here I'll cut and paste it into the appropriate thread and deal with it there.

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #14 : September 26, 2011, 10:51:50 AM »

There's no need to humor titoli by extending this thread any more than necessary. This will be my last post in the thread. If I want to respond to something he says here I'll cut and paste it into the appropriate thread and deal with it there.

Good. That will spare me an answer.

: [1] 2 3 ... 51  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines