Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 12:13:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Li'l Duce's Reviews Palace
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Li'l Duce's Reviews Palace  (Read 75398 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: February 15, 2017, 04:28:26 PM »

Eight days a week (2016) Some recording one may have missed, good colorization of old b&w  very well known material and good  editing of pics. Usual very well known facts in the new interviews. But of course is strictly fans material.  8/10

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 07, 2017, 10:08:09 PM »

Bronson (2008) I thought it was a crime movie but it is only the portrait of a psycho (and so the story has little to say: a good hour is made up of repetitions of the first prison experience). I kept wondering why the british authorities (but most of all the prison guards) put up with such a scum for so many years and always gave him a chance to start all over again. In a USA jailhouse he would have lasted, maybe, a month. Over here, without any question,  a couple of days. I watched it through just to see if anything different happened, but it doesn't: so one can see the first 20 minutes and turn off. 4/10

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 25, 2017, 06:09:38 PM »

All Women Are Bad (1969) At IMDB somebody hinted at noir elements, but this is just a piece of sexploitation, boring as hell, not redeemed by a good dose of boobs and buns by not beautiful females. Only point of interest might be the supposedly first appearance on film of Gerard Damiano. 3/10

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 05, 2017, 05:38:33 AM »

Geißel des Fleisches  (1965) Austria's contribute to sexploitation, it has a good beginning, with quality display of boobs and buns, but after the scene with the hitchhiker the plot goes stretched, boring, with interminable going nowhere trial and cop scenes. A pity. Herbert Fux is good as usual, though the premise of his character is moronic: he kills women because they find his looks repulsive (!). 6/10

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 06, 2017, 03:55:01 AM »

Winter Kills (1979) Another '70's conspiracy thriller, a self-proclaiming re-reading of the Kennedy's murder, which manages somehow to keep you interested in spite of unexplained plot twists (the multiple attempts on Bridges life). Not as good as Parallax View or Condor, but well worth a watching, especially for the final scene with Bridges and Huston, which alone could raise the rating to 8/10..

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 26, 2017, 11:36:42 AM »

Okasareta hakui (Violated Angels) (1967) Hadn't realized how much furnished were jap girls backwise. This is a T&A sexploitation flick I had wanted to watch, but didn't manage to, since the early '70's when it was shown in a small cinema over here. But I had no idea that it was about a serial killer and quite disturbing at that. Still at not even an hour of lenght it is 15' too long, trying to give some reason for the psycho's behaviour. 7/10

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 28, 2017, 12:36:44 AM »

Pasazerka (Passenger) (1963)

Considered by many the best movie on concentration camps, it is certainly a remarkable movie but it suffers, maybe, from its not having been completed by the prematurely dead author.  What it doesn't work, for me, is its not making clear the game the protagonist plays with her victim (is she a lesbian?): but maybe the subtitles translator didn't make her/his work fine. On the other hand, the recreation of daily life in the camp it has all the force of a documentary. And the absence of whatever trace of melodrama gives it a 7-8/10.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 19, 2017, 12:45:10 PM »

Vivre sa vie (1962) This has got to do with prostitution as much as Inside Llewyn Davis with music. A pity because at the start it seemed that Godard wanted to make a movie. The story it's interesting until the girl gets herself a pimp: from the on it's all a waste of time. Michel Legrand signed probably his worst OST. I give it 6/10 because of the exteriors of Paris.  

Saw this last night agree a 6/10

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM