Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2018, 10:43:22 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The MTSURMT (Microblogging/Tweeting/Status Update/Random Musings Thread)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3 ... 44
: The MTSURMT (Microblogging/Tweeting/Status Update/Random Musings Thread)  ( 91664 )
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« : September 16, 2011, 04:02:43 AM »

So i was really pissed off cuz I started watching dvd rental from Netflix, but the dvd stopped playing an hour in cuz it got scratched. So now I have to return it to Netflix and wait for the replacement. Out of 19 dvd's I have received in the mail since I began subscribing to Netflix, and this is the 3rd time a dvd was scratched. That's 16% -- not a very impressive rate, Netflix  >:(

I wanted to briefly post a loud F- YOU to Netflix. But it's kind of dumb to start a whole new topic with one random comment, right? So this was all a blessing in disguise, cuz it gave me the general idea for this thread.

Sometimes you have a random thought/musing, cuz something momentarily pisses you off, interests, amuses, gladdens, or saddens you; and you want to mention it, but it's not the kinda thing that you want to post a whole new thread about. So I figure maybe it would be nice to have a thread where anyone can post any random thought, kind of like a Facebook status update or a Tweet. So if you are bored at... 4:34 AM, and suddenly wanna share how much you love a newly discovered flavor of ice cream, what a great/terrible voice the tv news anchor you are currently watching has, how much you hate New York winters.... or any other random thought that flies into your head but is not the sort of thing that is appropriate to start a whole new thread about.. well here is the place to share!

« : April 09, 2013, 10:26:56 PM drinkanddestroy »

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #1 : September 16, 2011, 07:21:05 AM »

A new thread! Well, to my way of thinking, we can never have enough . . . .

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #2 : September 16, 2011, 02:38:42 PM »

A new thread! Well, to my way of thinking, we can never have enough . . . .

makes me wonder if this was a good idea....

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #3 : September 16, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »

It may catch on give it a chance  O0

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #4 : September 16, 2011, 04:36:54 PM »

I had a lousy day at work.

Saturday nights with Groggy
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #5 : September 17, 2011, 02:20:26 AM »

Tell us about it. Was your boss Mr. Beemis riding your case? Did you tell him about your future in the electronics industry? I would have liked to see the old fart's face when you told him off!

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #6 : September 17, 2011, 06:02:43 AM »

I had a guy fall out of the drift boat yesterday into the water, it was pretty funny, and he took in in good humor.  For those of you in the dark a McKenzie drift boat is a flat bottomed river rowboat based on a Western fur trappers boat that was originally derived from a lobster dory.

Here is an image:

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #7 : September 17, 2011, 06:16:22 PM »

I had a guy fall out of the drift boat yesterday into the water, it was pretty funny, and he took in in good humor. 
In spite of that, did he catch his limit? Was it all catch-and-release? Trout?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #8 : September 17, 2011, 06:30:22 PM »

I had a guy fall out of the drift boat yesterday into the water, it was pretty funny, and he took in in good humor.  For those of you in the dark a McKenzie drift boat is a flat bottomed river rowboat based on a Western fur trappers boat that was originally derived from a lobster dory.

Here is an image:

I don't wanna see an image of a driftboat; I wanna see an image of the idiot flapping around in the water!!!  ;D ;D ;D

and btw, isn't the guide responsible for the safety of his customers?  :P

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #9 : September 17, 2011, 06:41:25 PM »

btw, which river was this on?

I never been fly fishing, but I have done plenty of rafting, on the Delaware and Lackawaksen Rivers, which I imagine are not too far from you. (The Lackawacksen may be a tributary of the Delaware, no?) I went there plenty of times in summer camp. (The same one I told you about how I snuck out to watch Wild Wild West). We just used to jump out of the boats and raise hell, and hope the boat floated along with us and somehow reached the landing spot  ;) I used to hang out all the way in the back boat, so that all the authority figures would be far away so I could sneak a cigarette. But sometimes the rafting company would send a lifeguard to hang out in back. So I had to stay far enuf away from the camp authority people in the front, and the idiot lifeguard in back. Problems, problems.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #10 : September 17, 2011, 06:47:33 PM »

... Anyway, one day I gotta try fly fishing, and I know who to call when that day comes  ;) I've been saying that ever since I saw  A River Runs Through It -- I'd never even heard the term "fly fishing" before I saw that movie. The girl who introduced me to the movie was as redneck as they come, so luckily she did know about it.

Actually, I would not say "luckily"; cuz she didn't explain much to me. She was as dumb as they come. You know the stereotype of the "dumb blonde" and "dumb redneck"? Well, she was a stereotypically gorgeous blonde redneck. Don't get me wrong, I mean no offense. I love blondes. And I love country folks. (And I kind of loved her, briefly   :'( )   But she didn't do the stereotype any favors, that's for sure. (She left the picture the way virtually all the other D&D girls did; just dropped out with no rhyme or reason, and hardly a word. I don't know what it is; I must have a very profound effect on people  ;D)

« : September 17, 2011, 06:49:49 PM drinkanddestroy »

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #11 : September 17, 2011, 07:04:20 PM »

In spite of that, did he catch his limit? Was it all catch-and-release? Trout?

It was him and his sons first time fly fishing, they had some strikes but missed all the fish.  ;)

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #12 : September 17, 2011, 07:09:20 PM »

Tell us about it. Was your boss Mr. Beemis riding your case? Did you tell him about your future in the electronics industry? I would have liked to see the old fart's face when you told him off!

I bet Groggy was caught watching a movie under the desk....

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #13 : September 17, 2011, 07:09:50 PM »

btw, which river was this on?

I never been fly fishing, but I have done plenty of rafting, on the Delaware and Lackawaksen Rivers, which I imagine are not too far from you. (The Lackawacksen may be a tributary of the Delaware, no?) I went there plenty of times in summer camp. (The same one I told you about how I snuck out to watch Wild Wild West). We just used to jump out of the boats and raise hell, and hope the boat floated along with us and somehow reached the landing spot  ;) I used to hang out all the way in the back boat, so that all the authority figures would be far away so I could sneak a cigarette. But sometimes the rafting company would send a lifeguard to hang out in back. So I had to stay far enuf away from the camp authority people in the front, and the idiot lifeguard in back. Problems, problems.

It was the Roelief Jansen Kill in Columbia County near where it flows into the Hudson, the picture is taken of a driftboat on the Delaware though. I couldn't take a picture of the guy I was too busy rowing towards the bank so he could get back in the boat, lol.

« : September 17, 2011, 07:12:40 PM cigar joe »

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #14 : September 18, 2011, 06:42:26 AM »

I gave her a swirly.

Saturday nights with Groggy
: [1] 2 3 ... 44  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines