Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 12:16:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The MTSURMT (Microblogging/Tweeting/Status Update/Random Musings Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The MTSURMT (Microblogging/Tweeting/Status Update/Random Musings Thread)  (Read 63579 times)
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2013, 11:39:18 AM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

For my latest short, we have rewritten a whole dialogue scene AFTER the shooting. Leone style. We did it to clarify some points about the story, and also because the scene that was shot was never meant to be in the movie, it's just improvisation by 2 actresses in the end of another (written) scene, so the lines they said have some great highlights but are not interesting enough to hold attention for a whole scene. Anyway, we rewrote the thing and I did the ADR on Wednesday. And since ADR with new dialogues is not hard enough, the whole scene is an extended shot in close up on the 2 actresses' faces. I'm editing the lines right now and trying to make them match with the lips' moves.

And it's fucking hard as fuck.

So...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
I feel ya, bro Cool

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »

Haha thanks Smiley

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2013, 06:56:02 AM »

"A 1927-28 game-worn  Lou Gherig game-worn Yankees jersey sold for $717,000" and a shitload of other sports memorabalia sold for a shitload of money in a Heritage Auction yesterday http://espn.go.com/new-york/story/_/id/8979249/mike-eruzione-jersey-miracle-ice-sells-almost-660k

if you have an interest in sports memorabilia and hundreds of thousands of dollars burning a hole in your pocket, the auction continues later today  Wink

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:25:18 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2013, 10:10:52 AM »

This video has been the first story on the Yahoo home page since last night, but to me it seems to be fake http://screen.yahoo.com/husband-gets-revenge-084500815.html

It just so happened that the wife left the page open, and, rather than reacting in hotheaded anger, the husband had the presence of mind to pull out a video camera??? And it happened that she says her two loves were her convertible and her horse (singular "horse") but it just so happened that they have the Caterpillar truck (what's it called) -- I guess they live on a farm or something; yeah, so many farmers have convertibles! -- and happen to have all that horse shit lying around, that's a mighty enormous shitload for one horse.

Also, if that video were really true, wouldn't he also video his wife's reaction??? THAT would be awesome. But that would also make it very easy to find out whether or not the story is true.

This just seems sooooooo fake

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:16:12 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2013, 10:24:35 PM »

I can't take these types of stories seriously enough to make an opinion about them, but I do agree that it might be fake.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2013, 09:18:31 PM »

anyone watching the World Baseball Classic?

Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2013, 09:45:24 PM »

I'm currently watching Cobra (1986) on TV.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2013, 04:26:39 AM »

BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH  Evil

Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2013, 04:34:11 AM »

...poor Caesar

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2013, 04:48:44 AM »

yet Brutus says he was ambitious
and Brutus is an honorable man

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2013, 04:49:44 AM »

"Bitch set me up!" (Julius Caesar. Or was it Macbeth?)

Saturday nights with Groggy
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2013, 04:51:49 AM »

Frailty, thy name is woman!

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2013, 04:52:17 AM »

"Bitch set me up!" (Julius Caesar. Or was it Macbeth?)
shakespeare had the first entry in the Urban Dictionary

Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2013, 05:02:17 AM »

I had to do an essay in my final year of high school, analysing Julius Caesar, and doing a comparative study of a text/film of my choice [which I chose to be In The Heat Of The Night (1967)] and got full marks for it, which boosted up my marks in the Higher School Certificate. So I kind of owe it to Brutus for being such a b**** to Caesar and murdering the poor bastard, otherwise I wouldn't have got those marks.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:03:37 AM by Senza » Logged

Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2013, 12:41:36 AM »

I just discovered this great 5-minute video interview clip of William Friedkin discussing the car chase in The French Connection  Take a look, you WON'T regret it!      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoPI0MRAVB4

I've been watching quite a few of his interviews after seeing Sorcerer and To Live And Die In LA, for me the way he motivates his actors really shines through in his movies, which have a lot of energy and intensity. He talked about slapping William O'Malley [who plays Fr. Dyer in The Exorcist] as hard as he could just before they were about to do the 30th take on the scene where he gives Fr. Karras his last rites to get that reaction of shock out of him. He also mentions firing a gun on set to get the actors to be alert, just before they were about to do a scene [which didn't go down well with some of the cast and crew].

I think action directors today really should take notes from Friedkin on how to direct car chases [the ones in FC and TLADILA are among some of the best car chases I've seen].

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM