Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2018, 04:54:05 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The MTSURMT (Microblogging/Tweeting/Status Update/Random Musings Thread)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44
: The MTSURMT (Microblogging/Tweeting/Status Update/Random Musings Thread)  ( 90777 )
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #345 : January 23, 2016, 09:16:24 PM »

We only got about six inches, which was enough to shut down big parts of the city. Somerset County (where my parents live) got close to three feet!

Saturday nights with Groggy
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #346 : January 23, 2016, 09:46:01 PM »

here is the top article on the Associated Press website now http://goo.gl/Y9F6FB

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #347 : February 12, 2016, 02:14:17 PM »

some of you mighta heard ... major news in the science world: another of Einstein's theories was just proven correct http://goo.gl/5mnAeg

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #348 : March 09, 2016, 10:42:40 AM »

so you know those two brothers who made The Matrix? Now they are two sisters https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/09/matrix-co-director-lilly-wachowski-comes-out-as-a-trans-woman-like-her-sister-lana-wachowski/

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #349 : March 13, 2016, 02:12:22 PM »

Spike Lee is doing a Q&A at Carnegie Mellon next weekend. I'll have to see if I can scrape together money for a ticket.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #350 : March 13, 2016, 02:45:48 PM »

Spike Lee is doing a Q&A at Carnegie Mellon next weekend. I'll have to see if I can scrape together money for a ticket.

I wouldn't pay a penny for that. What do you find interesting about Spike Lee? He's made some good movies, but do you really wanna hear him whine about the Oscars and so-called African-Americans?

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #351 : March 13, 2016, 03:03:48 PM »

That's nice, Drink. Can I assume you'll be paying? :D

« : March 13, 2016, 03:21:03 PM Groggy »

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #352 : March 15, 2016, 05:04:11 PM »

Fuck Spike Lee.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #353 : March 19, 2016, 03:19:57 PM »

Just got back from the event. Spike was his usual self, complaining about the Oscars, racism and Donald Trump during his prepared remarks and cracking jokes at the expense of Pitt's basketball team. The Q&A was genial except for a girl who asked about gender roles in Chi-Raq, and Spike pursued a prolonged argument with her. I asked him a boilerplate question (how do you choose an original story vs. an adaptation) and got a boilerplate response (a good story is a good story). Well worth the $15. I didn't stick around for the screening though; I didn't want to shell out $40 extra for a movie I can stream on Amazon for $4.

« : March 19, 2016, 03:22:46 PM Groggy »

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #354 : March 20, 2016, 12:49:30 PM »

Just got back from the event. Spike was his usual self, complaining about the Oscars, racism and Donald Trump during his prepared remarks and cracking jokes at the expense of Pitt's basketball team. The Q&A was genial except for a girl who asked about gender roles in Chi-Raq, and Spike pursued a prolonged argument with her. I asked him a boilerplate question (how do you choose an original story vs. an adaptation) and got a boilerplate response (a good story is a good story). Well worth the $15. I didn't stick around for the screening though; I didn't want to shell out $40 extra for a movie I can stream on Amazon for $4.

I don't think I have seen any of his movies besides Inside Man - which is a terrific movie. But whatever interviews I have heard from this guy - on movies or anything else - he sounds annoying, his cineaste credentials notwithstanding. He doesn't have much interesting to say, does not have a melifluous voice... But if you had an enjoyable evening for $15, that is well worth it. At some Manhattan theaters these days, you'll pay nearly that much just for a large popcorn  ;)

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #355 : March 20, 2016, 08:06:12 PM »

I found Lee very funny and engaging, though as I said, he lost patience with a couple of questioners.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #356 : July 14, 2016, 12:27:23 PM »

for y'all who watch tv shows, the Emmy nominees were announced today http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-st-emmys-2016-nominees-winners-list-20160714-snap-story.html

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #357 : July 14, 2016, 01:18:04 PM »

Horace and Pete nominated for guest role and single camera editing....

....fuck yeah!

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #358 : July 30, 2016, 05:23:16 PM »

Here is the most amazing site. CJ and Drink, in particular, take note: https://www.oldnyc.org/

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #359 : July 31, 2016, 06:02:49 AM »

Here is the most amazing site. CJ and Drink, in particular, take note: https://www.oldnyc.org/

Very Cool

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines