Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 12:32:07 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The MTSURMT (Microblogging/Tweeting/Status Update/Random Musings Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The MTSURMT (Microblogging/Tweeting/Status Update/Random Musings Thread)  (Read 56665 times)
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: March 10, 2014, 05:11:24 PM »

I've been corresponding with Kevin Brownlow for the past week or so. I suppose that's notable.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:12:44 PM by Groggy » Logged

Saturday nights with Groggy
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 10, 2014, 08:29:06 PM »

I've been corresponding with Kevin Brownlow for the past week or so. I suppose that's notable.

if you like corresponding with movie people, try hitting up Rhonda Fleming http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=10908.msg161204#msg161204

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: March 10, 2014, 09:31:39 PM »

That's a great find, Drink. Thanks. Afro Though I daresay it's cooler when they contact you themselves out of the blue.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:36:24 PM by Groggy » Logged

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 11, 2014, 03:35:47 AM »

Several times in the past, I mentioned that I thought James Stewart's three greatest performances were in CALL NORTHSIDE 777, THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH, and REAR WINDOW. Well now I want to, for the record, take that back that statement: Stewart was indeed great in those three movies, but he was great in just about every movie he ever made. I don't wanna say he was better in one than another. I just saw THE FAR COUNTRY again (I feel very comfortable saying that IMO, it is easily the greatest of the Mann/Stewart Westerns Wink - Jimmy was so good there. (And, btw, Walter Brennan was incredible as always, as well.) So, here's to you, Jimmy, on dozens of great performances Smiley

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 10, 2014, 08:00:13 PM »

The latest ad for the 2014 Nissan Altima features the main theme from GBU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWWqA7q2bTg&feature=youtu.be

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 04, 2014, 02:30:25 PM »

The Nathan's Famous Coney Island July 4th HOT DOG EASTING CONTEST is beginning now on ESPN!

(I just saw the WOMEN'S contest. I've never been so disgusted in my life)

Happy Birthday, America! Looking good at 238  Smiley Unfortunately, today ain't beach weather; been raining on the East Coast all week ... but that didn't stop the throngs from coming out to the  Nathan's Hot Dog contest... where Joey Chestnut won his 8th straight title, eating 61 hot dogs and buns (not even close to his world record of 69). But this year he got very serious competition; Matt Stonie got 58, and was neck-and-neck right up till the last minute. Here is the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0E8ImL4aXY

a few minutes before the contest began, Chestnut proposed to his girlfriend .... she said Yes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV8lqEqn8MU

hope y'all enjoy the fireworks and celebrations of liberty  Smiley

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 05, 2014, 04:20:03 PM »

What about?

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: July 14, 2014, 08:11:24 PM »

Very strange conversation. Mr. Brownlow read one of my blog articles on The Charge of the Light Brigade and emailed me, asking if I knew who stole his copy of the original script. After I assured him I didn't, he invited me round to his place to view his collection of behind-the-scenes footage.

If it were someone modestly more famous, I'd think he was taking the piss. At least he had a Photoplay address.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:14:55 PM by Groggy » Logged

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: July 14, 2014, 08:13:13 PM »

hope y'all enjoy the fireworks and celebrations of liberty  Smiley

I made it to my hometown for the 4th. Watched the fireworks at the local high school - they put on a decent show, though this year seemed to be shooting low. Of course, I had more fun blowing up firecrackers with my family the night before.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 16, 2014, 05:41:19 AM »

this is absolutely hilarious https://www.yahoo.com/tech/this-may-be-the-worst-customer-service-call-in-history-91851980684.html

For this employee's sake, I hope he was on some kinda dope, and this is not him on a normal day. And what's also amazing is that in their statement, Comcast said they are investigating and will take quick action, blah blah blah, but they did not clearly say they are firing this employee. If this idiot still has a job today, then every Comcast customer should cancel their service.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 03, 2014, 03:30:32 AM »

I recently saw this little MGM vid on TCM: Mighty Manhattan, New York City's Wonder City https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlka1oTpeok

there is wonderful Technicolor footage of Manhattan in 1949 ... this was the only version of the vid I could find on YouTube; it is 14:57. The full video was a few minutes longer; for some reason, the last few minutes are cut off on this YouTube vid as I recall, most of the missing footage was of the Waldorf Astoria, taking you inside the famous Starlight Roof Ballroom during a performance by Xavier Cugat. Still, this vid has terrific, good-quality, color footage of Manhattan in 1949  Afro

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:42:39 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 03, 2014, 04:57:14 AM »

Nice  Afro Afro Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 03, 2014, 09:37:31 AM »

I enjoyed that. Didja notice that The Lady From Shanghai was playing at The Bond? Nice to have the reminder that the Metropolitan Museum of Art has free admission--that holds today, although they try to trick you into giving a $25 donation every time. And the horse-and-carriage issue is still with us (at least for the moment).

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 30, 2014, 06:07:30 AM »

Here are two more documentaries of New York in the late 1940's (both 1947, to be precise) on YouTube that I thought were interesting.

Unlike the previous one, these two are in black and white, but they are still good stuff because these are actually narrated with sound:

New York, the Wonder City, 1947 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iIvGhVIvlY

Story of a City: New York 1947 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp92Sar4gbM

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:09:56 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 30, 2014, 06:14:23 AM »

Here are two more documentaries of New York in the late 1940's (both 1947, to be precise) on YouTube that I thought were interesting.

These are both in black and white, but they are still good stuff because these are actually narrated with sound. The first one is better film quality and better narration than the second one; the second one is actually called an "Educational Documentary," and the narrator sometimes does sound dry as a teacher in a classroom ... but these are both interesting   Smiley

New York, the Wonder City, 1947 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iIvGhVIvlY

Story of a City: New York 1947 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp92Sar4gbM

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM