Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 03:16:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Ennio Morricone (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Morricone controversy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Morricone controversy  (Read 896 times)
SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2011, 07:59:25 AM »

http://www.uznews.net/news_single.php?lng=en&sub=top&cid=33&nid=18002

If it's a revolution, it's confusion
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 09:18:52 AM »

Thanks for posting this.

I'm no expert in international politics, and I know virtually nothing about Uzbekistan, except what I bvery briefly researched after reading this article. But I am all too aware of celebrities who take part in events promoting dictatorial regimes. IF this event is indeed organized by, and and for the enjoyment of, dictators, then neither Morricone nor any other artists should take part in it.

Reminds me of how sick I felt (though not surprised) to see that piece of filth named Lorin Maazel conducting the symphony for the criminal politicians in that prison camp known as North Korea. After the show, Maazel was wined and dined by 7 personal chefs doting on him, as he stuffed his face with delicacies, in a country where the population is starving and they spend over 37% of GDP on the military.

If the suffering population of these countries would get to enjoy these events, then there may be some value in it. But generally these events organized by dictators are done for the pleasure of themselves and their cronies.

Again, I will emphasize several times that I know virtually nothing about Uzbekistan (though i did a very brief search after reading this article).  I would never accept any accusation based on reading one article But if it is indeed true that this is one of those events arranged by and for cruel dictators, then shame on you Morricone for participating.

I learned a long time ago, that while I may enjoy an artists' work, to never have any personal feelings toward them or expect them to have any sort of admirable moral character. I mean, if I were to make a list of artists I love who disappointed me when I found out certain things about them, the list would never end. So i can't say I am shocked or hurt or had expectations dashed.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 04:38:57 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM