Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 04:59:06 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Profondo rosso aka Deep Red (1975)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Profondo rosso aka Deep Red (1975)  ( 4844 )
XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

« #15 : April 15, 2018, 05:19:39 AM »

Just watched this one last night, the longer 2h+ cut which has Italian dubs for some of the parts that weren't in the export version.

Really enjoyed it, plenty of mystery, red herrings and suspects... And visually, it's a feast, giving the movie a very surreal feeling, both in the cinematography as well as the locations incl a Hopper-esque bar at the square where Hemmings lives/the first murder takes place, and a gorgeous house with art nouveau ornaments and windows.

After the first murder scene, and David Hemmings mentioned the 'missing painting', I went back to that scene, knew the 'painting' he was referring to, and still did not make the connection when he meets the killer later on, hahaha... Really cool tho to see that Argento didn't cheat with that mirror scene (it reminded me of the way the killer's identity is revealed early on in 1947's 'The Unsuspected'). Also cool how every painting in that hallway depicts tortured faces of some sort.

I could have done without some of Goblin's over-the-top score, it killed the mood too often. Some of the humor between Hemmings and journalist Daria Nicolodi also felt a bit forced to me.

Overall tho, an easy 8/10. Looking forward to watching it again, to see if I can pick up clues and such...

'I feel all dead inside. I'm backed up in a dark corner and I don't know who's hitting me.' - The Dark Corner (1946)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #16 : April 15, 2018, 10:12:46 AM »

Just watched this one last night, the longer 2h+ cut which has Italian dubs for some of the parts that weren't in the export version.

Really enjoyed it, plenty of mystery, red herrings and suspects... And visually, it's a feast, giving the movie a very surreal feeling, both in the cinematography as well as the locations incl a Hopper-esque bar at the square where Hemmings lives/the first murder takes place, and a gorgeous house with art nouveau ornaments and windows.

After the first murder scene, and David Hemmings mentioned the 'missing painting', I went back to that scene, knew the 'painting' he was referring to, and still did not make the connection when he meets the killer later on, hahaha... Really cool tho to see that Argento didn't cheat with that mirror scene (it reminded me of the way the killer's identity is revealed early on in 1947's 'The Unsuspected'). Also cool how every painting in that hallway depicts tortured faces of some sort.

I could have done without some of Goblin's over-the-top score, it killed the mood too often. Some of the humor between Hemmings and journalist Daria Nicolodi also felt a bit forced to me.

Overall tho, an easy 8/10. Looking forward to watching it again, to see if I can pick up clues and such...

Never seen it will check it out. thanks  O0

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines