Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2018, 03:24:51 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Natalie Wood death investigation re-opened
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Natalie Wood death investigation re-opened  ( 1390 )
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« : November 20, 2011, 03:10:28 AM »

Los Angeles County Sheriff's detectives have announced they are re-opening the investigation into Natalie Wood's 1981 drowning death, which was officially ruled an accident. On the night she died, Wood was on a yacht called the Splendour with her then-husband Robert Wagner, her co-star Christopher Walken, and the Splendour's captain, Dennis Davern. The detectives say Wagner is not a suspect. Here is the report from The Washington Post http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/sheriffs-official-says-robert-wagner-not-a-suspect-in-natalie-woods-1981-death/2011/11/18/gIQABVFBaN_story.html?tid=pm_pop

« : November 20, 2011, 03:13:55 AM drinkanddestroy »

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #1 : November 20, 2011, 07:36:39 AM »

Did you see Davern on the Today Show the other day? He defines disheveled, shifty creep.

Saturday nights with Groggy
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #2 : November 20, 2011, 02:47:43 PM »

Did you see Davern on the Today Show the other day? He defines disheveled, shifty creep.

No, I don't watch talk shows  :)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #3 : November 21, 2011, 01:04:20 PM »

A guy after years and years suddenly "remembers" important details he suppressed at the time? Yeah, right. Only a lawyer would give this any attention.

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #4 : November 24, 2011, 06:48:27 AM »

Nah, the media will always love celebrity scandals, even thirty year old ones. The Today show has devoted roughly as much time to this topic as the Penn State sex scandal the past few weeks.

Saturday nights with Groggy
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #5 : February 01, 2018, 05:42:13 PM »

here we go again ...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/natalie-wood-death-robert-wagner-person-of-interest-says-investigator/

kjrwe
Gunslinger

« #6 : February 08, 2018, 01:44:28 AM »

If Wagner really murdered her, how on earth would they be able to prove it?

I have no theories, but I can't help but wonder why he would have murdered her with others on board (if he murdered her). If he was going to kill her, why not do it in such a way that he wouldn't be the prime suspect?

Okay, maybe I've been watching too many whodunits.... ;D

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #7 : February 08, 2018, 07:20:56 AM »

I have no theories, but I can't help but wonder why he would have murdered her with others on board (if he murdered her). If he was going to kill her, why not do it in such a way that he wouldn't be the prime suspect?

Okay, maybe I've been watching too many whodunits.... ;D

From a poster on  TCM weboard:
RJ (Wagner) and Lana Wood have not been on good terms for years. He wrote disparagingly about her in his memoirs as a leach and hanger on to Natalie who was always looking for a handout (she wrote a book about Natalie after her death apparently for money).

If I remember correctly, after Natalie died she raided Natalie's closets and took all of her furs and wardrobe............

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #8 : February 08, 2018, 07:57:02 AM »

No way to prove in this instance without an actual eyewitness.  If she fell off and Wagner didn't try to save her, that's not prosecutable according to a news report I saw.  No, I do NOT believe she would've climbed alone into the dinghy by herself, especially at night and in choppy sea and in PJs - and she didn't know how to start the dinghy engine either according to the boat captain.

I have no theories...

I think O.J. did it.

But most likely from the accounts is that she fell/was pushed overboard during a drunken fight with Wagner, who then untied the dinghy, maybe thinking she could grab onto that, or to support a flimsy "alibi".  On the other hand, Wagner is now 87, what more to gain from prosecuting???

"On February 1, 2018, Wagner was named a "person of interest" in the death of Natalie Wood by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department."   The term "suspect" is not really used these days, the new term is "person of interest", as in this instance.

kjrwe
Gunslinger

« #9 : March 31, 2018, 10:02:16 PM »

And so what happened with the re-opened investigation?

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines