Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 03:54:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Leroy Holmes
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leroy Holmes  (Read 2080 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2011, 06:39:17 PM »

I found this at IMDB:

An interesting fact, is that United Artist's lateness in purchasing For A Few Dollars More resulted in the studio owning the film, though not the music rights, which were (and still are) controlled by RCA Records. In order to fix the situation, United Artist Records' musical director Leroy Holmes orchestrated his own arrangements of Morricone's score and released an alternate soundtrack LP, with the official movie poster on the front, a photograph of Eastwood on the back, and liner notes promising many more sequels to come! Never released on CD, it's actually pretty lively and worth seeking out.

and this at youtube: not bad, uh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9VJ56TdBD0&feature=related

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 06:56:08 AM »

I own that Leroy Holmes LP record, maybe for over 40 years now.  That - for many years - was the best rendition of FDM music that was generally available in the U.S. 

In 1985, future Mrs. Cusser found an Italian LP in a music store in Santa Barbara, while I was out golfing.  She told me about it, and we rushed back (like there would've been people clamoring for this) and bought it.  It was original soundtrack tracks, also (I believe - I'm too lazy now to go to other room to check) has Fistful music as well.  But it wasn't complete, missing a few tracks.  Later with Internet and CDs, an expanded CD edition of the music came out (some tracks in mono) in Europe, including a good track of the final gunfight, but included tracks with sound effects from the film.  But better than the alternative.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 07:16:15 AM »

I think that is the one I own also but I can't get that Youtube to play its tries to load then give me an error message.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Cusser
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 07:51:40 AM »

I think that is the one I own also but I can't get that Youtube to play its tries to load then give me an error message.

After your post, I did click on the link above, and I got that to play.  I hadn't even heard this version since getting that Italian LP in 1985, and making cassettes of that !!!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 07:53:06 AM »

After your post, I did click on the link above, and I got that to play.  I hadn't even heard this version since getting that Italian LP in 1985, and making cassettes of that !!!

Is it different that much?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 04:43:45 PM »

I got it to play, yea this is the version I bought after I first saw the film found the soundtrack  Afro

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 06:42:24 PM »

It was original soundtrack tracks, also (I believe - I'm too lazy now to go to other room to check) has Fistful music as well.  

In that case is the same one I always owned (my uncle worked as salesman for RCA Rome and bought it through him) and now I think it's half or all destroyed by repeated playing.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 06:44:09 PM by titoli » Logged

Cusser
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 08:17:14 AM »

In that case is the same one I always owned (my uncle worked as salesman for RCA Rome and bought it through him) and now I think it's half or all destroyed by repeated playing.

I played mine only twice.  Once to listen, second time to record onto cassette.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM