Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 02:57:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Ennio Morricone (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Gunshots
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunshots  (Read 1654 times)
johnk
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2012, 06:38:06 PM »

I want to make an Italian western video using the special effects gunshots as used in gbu and ffdm .I have looked
 on web and seen only about a second of mp3 file.............Anyone know of where I can buy effects on cd ..........does such a thing exist ?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 07:31:21 PM »

I want to make an Italian western video using the special effects gunshots as used in gbu and ffdm .I have looked
 on web and seen only about a second of mp3 file.............Anyone know of where I can buy effects on cd ..........does such a thing exist ?

I have never seen any version of GBU other than the SE dvd. But those who have seen earlier versions say that the gunshots were changed from the original (which I believe is available on the earlier dvd's, which have the version of the movie shown in American theaters, which is 17 minutes or so shorter than the SE dvd and the Italian version of the movie). So if you wanna use the gunshots as Leone intended, use the ones from FAFDM and the earlier, non-SE dvd (ie. the one without the 17 extra minutes); do not use the gunshots from the SE dvd.

Again, the above paragraph is all based on what I have read on these boards; I have no independent knowledge of it, as the only version of GBU that I have seen is from the SE dvd. So confirm with the others; don't take my word for it.

And good luck with your project  Smiley

p.s. why is this thread in the Ennio Morricone section? Perhaps it should be in the General Discussion, GBU, or FAFDM section?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 07:35:51 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM