Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 05:08:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Tuco's Plan
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tuco's Plan  (Read 1535 times)
Wardogz
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2012, 05:18:40 PM »

When Tuco and his buddies hunt down Blondie I've always wondered what outcome Tuco had hoped for. We know he wanted the money from the hanging scam but was he really willing to split it with his mates? Perhaps Tuco was hoping Blondie would kill his 3 mates just as he ended up doing? Tuco sure didn't seem bothered about the demise of his 3 mates.

Let's say his 3 mates ended up killing Blondie, do you reckon Tuco would have shared the 4,000?

Another thought, are we sure there actually was 4000? Perhaps there were some hangings we didn't see and Tuco just said $4,000 as a nice round number to split, but secretly Tuco would pocket the extra funds, after all, we know from what we see on screen that there should have been atleast $5,000 available (2k from first scam, 3k from the 2nd)

It's an aspect of the film that I've never been sure about.

What are your thoughts?

Dirty Rat
Gunslinger

Just like the greasy rat that you are.......

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 01:52:03 AM »

I've never thought about it I don't think, but I reckon there could be something in Tuco using is 'gang' as bait.
Let's face it, they were 3 meatballs waiting to be mashed.
They didn't know what they were dealing with in Blondie, but Tuco did.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 02:33:08 AM »

Related discussion here: http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=2635.0

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Wardogz
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 05:28:13 PM »

I've never thought about it I don't think, but I reckon there could be something in Tuco using is 'gang' as bait.
Let's face it, they were 3 meatballs waiting to be mashed.
They didn't know what they were dealing with in Blondie, but Tuco did.

Yes, Tuco sure had the drop on them. Tuco was a lot smarter or relentless than he first appeared, which of course Blondie soon found out! Never double cross Tuco!

johnk
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 06:14:02 PM »

When Tuco and his buddies hunt down Blondie I've always wondered what outcome Tuco had hoped for. We know he wanted the money from the hanging scam but was he really willing to split it with his mates? Perhaps Tuco was hoping Blondie would kill his 3 mates just as he ended up doing? Tuco sure didn't seem bothered about the demise of his 3 mates.

Let's say his 3 mates ended up killing Blondie, do you reckon Tuco would have shared the 4,000?

Another thought, are we sure there actually was 4000? Perhaps there were some hangings we didn't see and Tuco just said $4,000 as a nice round number to split, but secretly Tuco would pocket the extra funds, after all, we know from what we see on screen that there should have been atleast $5,000 available (2k from first scam, 3k from the 2nd)

It's an aspect of the film that I've never been sure about.

What are your thoughts?

I always thought it was a matter of pride for Tuco who had suffered on the hanging rope and the desert walk at the hands of Blondie.......Any cash he found after killing Blondie would be a bonus and his men would have shared it.....Tuco would have his street cred back with his men. Then go on to big and better crimes with them..

johnk
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 06:15:38 PM »

I always thought it was a matter of pride for Tuco who had suffered on the hanging rope and the desert walk at the hands of Blondie.......Any cash he found after killing Blondie would be a bonus and his men would have shared it.....Tuco would have his street cred back with his men. Then go on to big and better crimes with them

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM