Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 21, 2018, 03:41:09 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Prowler (1951)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: The Prowler (1951)  ( 1218 )
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #15 : January 15, 2018, 11:13:22 AM »

If this isn't a masterpiece, it's close. I like it more and more on additional viewings. The first act of this movie is some of the best old hollywood had to offer.

I have the bluray and the quality varies. It's not tremendous, though there seems to be an uptick in the image quality once the movie heads to the ghost town. Considering what the state of the movie was in, the restoration had to be a success. With that said, I don't know if it's good enough to double dip if you already have the DVD. If you don't own this on any format, then I'd definitely recommend buying the bluray before it potentially goes out of stock.

« : January 15, 2018, 12:25:36 PM T.H. »

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
moorman
Bandido

« #16 : July 14, 2018, 07:06:44 PM »

They released THIS back in 1951 ?  Wow!!  This film is BRILLIANT!  There is soo much going on here that I don't know where to start.  Spikeopath gave a excellent review of the plot above. I'll  give my take on the plot. First,  Susan is not your typical femme fatale.  She is quite the opposite.  She is the good girl who just wants to settle down and have a family.  She even goes out of her way to rebuff the advances of Webb because of her marriage.  The continued pressing that Webb did and her rebuffs were very authentic.  Excellent writing here.  The script was just fantastic.  From Susan's giving in to his advances all the way through to the end.  Van Heflin did a excellent job here.  His character kinda reminded me of a mixture of  Harry Powell from The Night of the Hunter and Abel from the recent film Lakeview Terrace. ( Samuel Jackson played a manic cop who terrorized a couple he initially was pretending to help.)

What really sticks out here is the subject matter that this film dove into.  From the adultery to the fact that its a police officer that is the manipulative con man is combining a lot for a film back during that era.  The film became a cult hit in France and I'm pretty sure that if it hasn't already, it will be a cult hit here in America. The cinematography was perfect. The acting, the script, the music, everything was on point in this one. I rank this a solid 9.5 out of 10 and I'm seriously debating whether to give it my rare perfect 10...

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #17 : July 15, 2018, 04:55:44 AM »

Great Film agree.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
greenbudgie
Gunslinger

« #18 : Today at 06:27:10 AM »

I seem to remember that Evelyn Keyes had the look of Marilyn in that dress in one scene. I need to see this one again.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines