I'll shoot a western this summer with a few friends. It's gonna be called "Colt Navy 1851", and will be the story of... a colt navy. I think it is the best way to show as many "classic" scenes of a western as i can think about, and do hommages to all the kinds of westerns: spaghetti, classics, realistic, "crépusculaire" (like peckinpah), and modern.
So, I need some informations about that gun, which is almost as famous as the peacemaker, even if nobody knows it: it is one of the most used gun in westerns.
So, Cigar Joe, because your an expert in weapons, what can you say about that gun?
I need especially:
1) i've read that there is a few differents model of that gun... which model is this Denix replica (that i have): 1040/L (you can find a picture here: http://www.cowboydream.fr/decoration/frame_decorations.htm
2) if you know, which famous people had that gun? (i've read that it was the favorite weapon of Buffalo Bill Cody and Wild Bill H.)
3) which exact number of navys were produced in London between 1851 and 1874? (i now it is about 40 000)
4) some colts navy were .36, others .44. Which ones? What about the 1140/L?
5) what was the price of a colt navy? and what could be the price of this one (pretty worked)?
6) every nice information about that gun
Other question: (pretty easy for you, i think): how many bullets can you put in a Winchester 66?
Thanks a lot!