Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 11:40:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Trivia Games (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Best computer game that reflects or pays homage to Sergio´s westerns?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best computer game that reflects or pays homage to Sergio´s westerns?  (Read 29967 times)
emmo26
Gunslinger

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2012, 06:45:09 AM »

as above ^^^^ and is it worth splashing out on a console for it?

**************** ZZ TOP´s 1st Gig **************
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 06:28:15 AM »

I agree, red dead redemption rocks - if they could have gotten the license to use the leone characters, it would be priceless...as it is though, its a decent story set in a free roaming west...with lots of gunplay and music that sounds very morricone...

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 11:07:49 AM »

Red Dead Redemption rocks! It's the only game I still play.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 12:39:42 PM »

Although I never played it I think Red Dead Revolver contained some Morricone music.
Red Dead Redemption is most likely the better game though.

emmo26
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 04:02:42 PM »

Although I never played it I think Red Dead Revolver contained some Morricone music.

Your right....

Ive got Red dead redemption for PS3, but Red dead revolver has better music imo, has more of a SW feel to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdCiJ9ppDSY&list=PL7D662D7563B4BB92

A question to all Red dead revolver owners....can you play revolver on a playstation 3?Huh?

emmo26
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 04:13:06 AM »

Now playing Red Dead Redemption, with the volume turned down and listing to the soundtrack to Red Dead Revolver, which I downloaded cos its much better......  Afro Afro Afro

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 03:18:43 PM »

The only thing better about Revolver is the soundtrack, which is awesome. I agree with everyone on that. I'm surprised that they didn't increase the music budget for the sequel.

Redemption is such a great game and the Leone influenced characteristics really shine when you get to Mexico or the game's version of Mexico. I just played it again recently for a bit and you can have so much fun just riding around exploring, there's so much going on in the game's world.

I can't wait to hear about the info for the next game in the series. While I'm not holding my breath on Leone characters ever making an appearance, I really hope Rockstar goes the GTA route and licenses a ton of western scores, both US and Italian.

On second thought, I don't think it would cost them that much to get Lee Van Cleef's likeness and/or Bronson's. They could cast their likeness in the game and give their character(s) a different name, sort of like that game that featured Ellen Paige. Obviously they would need to get a talented impersonator to do the voice work.

I also think it would be awesome if you could create the main character in the game, but it would be understandable if that wasn't included.

Let's also hope that Rockstar makes a sequel to LA Noire set in the same time period. That game, while flawed, could be masterfully built upon. I enjoyed the adventure gaming element but the open world was a bit dull and the design/artistic choices were disappointing. The city at night didn't look all that intoxicating and the daytime looked flat out bland.  

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 03:23:46 PM by T.H. » Logged

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 08:07:46 AM »

On second thought, I don't think it would cost them that much to get Lee Van Cleef's likeness and/or Bronson's.

The same studio (Rockstar) got the real Samuel Lee Jackson and Ray Liotta for their GTA series. I know that the Red Dead series isn't as lucrative as the GTA one but yes they can afford it.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM