Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2018, 04:11:11 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Once upon a time Sergio Leone exhibition in Paris
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Once upon a time Sergio Leone exhibition in Paris  ( 254 )
Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

« : June 26, 2018, 06:45:40 AM »

It was announced yesterday that Cinémathèque Française together with Cineteca di Bologna (which has been involved with all the major restoration projects of Sergio Leone films) have organized a big exhibition in Paris called "C'era una volta Sergio Leone". The exhibition will start on October 10th 2018 and will last until January 27th 2019.
Sofar I could only find the Italian announcement:

http://www.ansa.it/canale_viaggiart/it/notizie/bellezza/2018/06/25/cinema-di-sergio-leone-mostra-a-parigi_247a56e8-55a1-4dcf-a0be-8758c62966f9.html

During that exhibition, Sir Christopher Frayling will present his new book  "Sergio Leone's revolution"

Incidentally, tonight there will be a special screening in Bologna for the 50th anniversary of OUTITW on the main square Piazza Maggiore. Frayling will also be present.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #1 : June 26, 2018, 08:38:42 AM »

During that exhibition, Sir Christopher Frayling will present his new book  "Sergio Leone's revolution"

Does anyone know anything else about this new book?

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #2 : June 26, 2018, 09:46:07 AM »

I've never heard about any of this (book or exhibition) but I'll sure go to the Cinematheque in october.

There isn't anything on their website yet: http://www.cinematheque.fr/
(except for a Sergio Corbucci retrospective in july)

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Le Bon
Bounty Killer

You'd better be Bill Carson

« #3 : June 26, 2018, 01:41:13 PM »

Not heard of this book.  His Once Upon a Time in the West book is out in October so seems strange that he would have two out.

Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

« #4 : June 27, 2018, 04:36:37 AM »

Not heard of this book.  His Once Upon a Time in the West book is out in October so seems strange that he would have two out.

The article mentions that  the book is by Frayiling and Gian Luca Farinelli, director of the Cineteca di Bologna and the man who is behind all the Leone movies restoration process.. So it could well be that Farinelli did the legwork and writing and that Frayling is just some sort of a "sponsor"...
Still in the article, according to Farinelli, Leone once told him that he learned more in a few weeks working with Vittorio De Sica then in all the subsequent years he worked as an assistant director with great american directors.
Still the article mentions how knowledgeable Leone was about firearms and that he knew even the slightest differences in the various Colt models; he hired a craftsman called Aldo Uberti from Brescia specialized in reproducing old firearms who provided the guns that Leone requested.
See: http://www.ubertireplicas.com/

« : June 27, 2018, 04:38:26 AM Leonardo »
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #5 : June 27, 2018, 06:37:31 AM »

I'd say to attend if you can.  I attended similar exhibition in Los Angeles at the Autry Museum maybe about 2005, was very good, seems like ages ago.  Even the original poncho, outfit, revolvers were there (Clint Eastwood has those).

Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #6 : June 27, 2018, 07:17:45 AM »

The article mentions that  the book is by Frayiling and Gian Luca Farinelli, director of the Cineteca di Bologna and the man who is behind all the Leone movies restoration process.. So it could well be that Farinelli did the legwork and writing and that Frayling is just some sort of a "sponsor"...

It also says "a cura di" (edited by) and has Farinelli first billed (although that could just be for alphabetical reasons).

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines