Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2019, 08:50:11 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Colt (2020)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Colt (2020)  ( 709 )
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« : May 17, 2019, 02:52:07 AM »

There is probably a thread about that old Leone project somewhere but I cannot find it. Anyway. You guys all know about the TV show "COLT" that Leone never did. There is some news:

Stefano Sollima, the Italian director known in Hollywood for “Sicario: Day of the Soldado” and TV series “Gomorrah,” is set to shoot “Colt,” an English-language Western based on a Sergio Leone concept. The plan is to start shooting next winter.

“Colt” is being produced by Leone’s children Raffaella and Andrea, via their Leone Film Group. They are shopping the project in Cannes to prospective U.S. partners.

Originally conceived as a TV series, “Colt” takes its cue from the six-shooter packed by Clint Eastwood in “A Fistful of Dollars,” which becomes a narrative device as it is passes from owner to owner throughout the Old West.

Sollima, who is in advanced talks for a top U.S. writer to come on board, has tweaked Leone’s concept so that the gun changes hands between kids.

Whole article with a lot of information right there:

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/soldado-stefano-sollima-colt-sergio-leone-concept-1203217004/?fbclid=IwAR1SMWG1cBtLkDGTUFeXOy4pCtHKCFQzCAAygREr0dcazvMc-_Q3aYANyyY

Solima's Sicario II was interesting. The guy clearly knows how to create tension, charismatic characters and cool action sequences. I hope he will let his images breath more in a western; that was the main (directing) flaw in Sicario II.

« : May 17, 2019, 02:54:50 AM noodles_leone »

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #1 : May 17, 2019, 09:17:24 AM »

There is probably a thread about that old Leone project somewhere but I cannot find it. Anyway. You guys all know about the TV show "COLT" that Leone never did. There is some news:

Whole article with a lot of information right there:

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/soldado-stefano-sollima-colt-sergio-leone-concept-1203217004/?fbclid=IwAR1SMWG1cBtLkDGTUFeXOy4pCtHKCFQzCAAygREr0dcazvMc-_Q3aYANyyY

Solima's Sicario II was interesting. The guy clearly knows how to create tension, charismatic characters and cool action sequences. I hope he will let his images breath more in a western; that was the main (directing) flaw in Sicario II.

nice!

Frayling discussed this proposed film (or was it a TV show?) at the end of STDWD; as I recall, Sergio Donati had discussed writing it with Leone. Maybe Donati can write this after all  ;)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #2 : May 17, 2019, 12:39:19 PM »

I couldn't quite get the concept until I went to the article and saw this:
“It’s a coming-of-age story of three kids, aged 12 or 13, who as orphans come into possession of this weapon, and for a whole series of reasons become criminals,” he said, adding: “I can assure you that a 12-year-old with a Colt in his hand is pretty striking."
So it's, uh, Young Guns 3?

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #3 : May 18, 2019, 10:08:46 AM »

nice!

Frayling discussed this proposed film (or was it a TV show?) at the end of STDWD; as I recall, Sergio Donati had discussed writing it with Leone. Maybe Donati can write this after all  ;)

It was a TV show. At least at some point. Many actors were considered. I seem to remember Richard Gere and Mickey Rourke.

LITTLE BIG MAN
Gunslinger

« #4 : August 31, 2019, 05:15:15 AM »

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/dennis-lehane-writer-stefano-sollima-colt-1203311995/

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #5 : August 31, 2019, 07:44:10 AM »

Hum. I like Lehane a lot as a novelist. That being said there have been exactly 2 valuable adaptations of his work to the screen, and he didn't pen them. I'm not so sure about what he can bring to the table as a screenwriter. Wait and see!

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines