Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2018, 07:25:32 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Wild Bunch (1969)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
: The Wild Bunch (1969)  ( 111226 )
Moorman

« #315 : February 10, 2017, 05:45:24 AM »

Cigar Joe, make a subforum for just the imdb reviews...

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #316 : February 10, 2017, 07:06:51 AM »

The ending DID make sense if  you look at that ego that the Wild Bunch had.  How dare that general take one of " theirs" and degrade him like that.  The way they thought, it made perfect sense for them to go out like that.

Same invitation I made for the newbie: check past posts.

mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

« #317 : February 10, 2017, 07:07:51 AM »

"make the less smart viewers happy"

What an arrogant & ignorant man.

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #318 : February 10, 2017, 07:09:36 AM »

This won't change his view of the film. So he would post it anyway.

In that case I think you are both wrong about how the film works. Neither is Pike an amoral men, the film's main point is how he tries to deal with his high moral claims, and only if you understand Pike's last choice, the ending can enfold its massive emotional power. And believe me, it is all understandable, but not that easy to see, because Peckinpah does not use the "usual hollywooden tricks".

You only illustrated that you don't look deep enough.

But then one can understand TWB also on a pure emotional level, without actually being able to explain it, but if one wants to understand one will one day.

You have certainly read the past posts, so I presume you remember that the point was made that, even assuming what you say about Holden is right (and it isn't) there's no reason why the other ones should follow his suicidal decision.

Spikeopath

« #319 : February 10, 2017, 07:24:46 AM »

I think that, honestly, Spikeopath, before posting your old reviews in this forum, you should read at least read some of the previous contributions to the debate when you write about important movies like this one. Apparently you don't care about it (and so I wonder what are you planning to do here) so I'm forced, as an invitation to do a real contribution, to resurrect some point of debate raised in the previous pages of this thread.

Blimey! I seem to have stepped on some toes. In simple terms it was my intention to get all my Western reviews over here first and foremost, it was hoped that by giving this site a more extensive index of Westerns was a good thing, to have a starting point in the search facility for a ream of Oaters. Once all this was done I could then have a great time of things reading through the existing threads. With IMDb shutting down its message boards the future of user reviews there could well be under threat, so I thought that not only would I be boosting this site but also archiving my own reviews on a valid forum with like minded souls.  Plus I have a multitude of Westerns (traditional and spag) still to view so was hoping to bring more new stuff on board once viewed. To say I don't care is not fair and I hope I have explained the situation clearly now.

Regards

Spike

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #320 : February 10, 2017, 07:30:29 AM »

Blimey! I seem to have stepped on some toes. In simple terms it was my intention to get all my Western reviews over here first and foremost, it was hoped that by giving this site a more extensive index of Westerns was a good thing, to have a starting point in the search facility for a ream of Oaters. Once all this was done I could then have a great time of things reading through the existing threads. With IMDb shutting down its message boards the future of user reviews there could well be under threat, so I thought that not only would I be boosting this site but also archiving my own reviews on a valid forum with like minded souls.  Plus I have a multitude of Westerns (traditional and spag) still to view so was hoping to bring more new stuff on board once viewed. To say I don't care is not fair and I hope I have explained the situation clearly now.

Regards

Spike
My fault not seeing through your action. Your not following the alphabetical order of posting for this movie deceived me.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #321 : February 10, 2017, 08:16:10 AM »

Regards

Spike

Moorman suggests dumping all your reviews into a "Spikeopath's Western Reviews/Archive" new topic much like titoli has his "lil Duce" reviews, then we can retrieve them in a "trickle in" to the Western Index at our leisure, it would save me work too, it took about an hour and a half to index what I did this morning.

:'(

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Moorman

« #322 : February 10, 2017, 08:42:02 AM »

Moorman suggests dumping all your reviews into a "Spikeopath's Western Reviews/Archive" new topic much like titoli has his "lil Duce" reviews, then we can retrieve them in a "trickle in" to the Western Index at our leisure, it would save me work too, it took about an hour and a half to index what I did this morning.

:'(

How long would it take to RE index them into their own thread....lol.   Man, thats a lot of work... I appreciate it though. I love the fact he is bringing them over, i just wish they had their own thread from the get go so that we can do like you said, go over,  look at some them and review them. Its all good though...

stanton
Bounty Killer

« #323 : February 10, 2017, 09:42:49 AM »

You have certainly read the past posts, so I presume you remember that the point was made that, even assuming what you say about Holden is right (and it isn't) there's no reason why the other ones should follow his suicidal decision.

There's no reason for you, for me I understand what they do. And there are different reasons for Holden, for Borgnine and for the brothers. The brothers maybe don't understand at all, maybe only for the "Why not?", but they do.

And even if there were no explainable reason, sometimes people do stuff they would never do the other day, o never if they had a few minutes more to think about it. But in TWB I have no question about that, and because that the film is able to overwhelm me.
If you don't understand the film on an emotional level, than of course it may only be a strange or odd movie with some technical brilliance.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #324 : February 10, 2017, 10:34:52 AM »

STANTON FTW!!!!!!!!

Spike, don't worry too much about the grumpy italian guy, he's bluffing: he doesn't do "debates". Glad to have you on board.

« : February 10, 2017, 10:48:04 AM Dust Devil »

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

« #325 : February 10, 2017, 10:47:20 AM »

See what you did? I mistakenly edited your post instead of quoting it...

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

« #326 : February 10, 2017, 10:48:18 AM »

STANTON FTW!!!!!!!!

Spike, don't worry too much about the grumpy italian guy, he's bluffing: he doesn't do "debates". Glad to have you on board.

You know some member that does, actually? :D

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #327 : February 10, 2017, 10:51:02 AM »

You know some member that does, actually? :D

I doooo! It's not my fault if I'm right most of the time.

Seriously though, Stanton is the most open to debates here. Which is a good thing because if you let him alone with his opinions, he goes around telling everybody that The Lady From Shanghai is a masterpiece.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

« #328 : February 10, 2017, 10:52:39 AM »

I doooo! It's not my fault if I'm right most of the time. Seriously though, Stanton is the most open to debates here.

Yeah, right. :D

Moorman

« #329 : February 10, 2017, 11:01:55 AM »

I doooo! It's not my fault if I'm right most of the time.

Seriously though, Stanton is the most open to debates here. Which is a good thing because if you let him alone with his opinions, he goes around telling everybody that The Lady From Shanghai is a masterpiece.

Speaking of which, how good of a movie IS The Lady From Shanghai?  I got it on my to do list...lol

: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines