Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 12:06:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  GBU Special edition DVD and Blu Ray -- Breakdown of Restored Scenes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GBU Special edition DVD and Blu Ray -- Breakdown of Restored Scenes  (Read 31478 times)
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2012, 07:34:13 AM »

Use the BR for the terrific Frayling commentary and extra features, and the old dvd for the movie   Smiley

I don't have Blu-Ray player, so I can't just get get the Blu-RaY GBU disc.  Could someone please help out The Cuss and capture the Frayling audio onto a DVD/CD disc or cassette?  That would sure be great !!!

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 07:35:58 AM by Cusser » Logged
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2012, 02:51:32 PM »

I don't have Blu-Ray player, so I can't just get get the Blu-RaY GBU disc.  Could someone please help out The Cuss and capture the Frayling audio onto a DVD/CD disc or cassette?  That would sure be great !!!

Second that for cigar joe  Wink

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2012, 03:25:07 PM »

I doubt that there is much not already written in his book.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2012, 01:12:32 PM »

sure, I'll make a copy of the Frayling commentary on audio cassette  Smiley

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2012, 05:01:14 PM »

as we know, in the bonus features of the American SE dvd and BR discs, there is a longer version of the Tuco Torture/concentration camp orchestra scene; it was not restored to the movie itself cuz the film was damaged too much. There is a bit more dialogue in this extended version, all in Italian. When I put on the English subtitles for this scene, it just says "Speaking Italian." NO FUCKING SHIT, JOHN COCKSUCKER JERK! We know it's Italian; that's why the fuck we need English subtitles, you fucking idiot!

Anyway, if anyone here speaks Italian, has 7 minutes to watch this scene in the Bonus Materials of the American SE dvd/BR disc, and translate the dialogue into English, I -- and I suspect many of my fellow English-speaking Leone fans -- would be mighty appreciative! (It shouldn't be much work, as there is very little dialogue during the scene; most of it is just the playing of the Story of a Soldier and the torturing).

Grazie!

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2012, 05:24:12 PM »

a little update on my initial post breaking down the 8 deleted scenes:

RE: #5) The cut scene with Blonide and Tuco consulting a map, and Blondie's comment RE: the dead soldiers, "those men aren't worried about anything anymore, are they?" -- maybe that bit of dialogue is actually better cut, maybe it's mentioned too clearly. Perhaps you can argue that just showing the dead bodies would be enough for the juxtaposition of the pursuit of gold and the dead soldiers, and having Blondie say it clearly is a bit much.

RE: #7) just watched it again last night, that scene with Aldo Giuffree's speech DEFINITELY should have been kept in its entirety. It's an important part of the movie's statement about war (and as Frayling points out in his commentary, is from one of the many works (I forgot if it's a book or a movie) that Leone references in the Civil War scenes. Aside from the scene of Angel Eyes visiting the Confederate fort, this scene is IMO the most important of the deleted scenes and definitely should have been kept in the movie.

Overall, while I of course would prefer that the movie was kept exactly as Leone wanted it, if you have to choose scenes to be deleted,  IMO deleted scenes # 2,4,5, and 6 are not very essential, while#2,7, and 8 definitely should have been kept in the movie -- that's Angel eyes at Confederate fort, the extended scene with Aldo Giuffre, and the extended scene with Blondie and Tuco under the bridge. And of course, #1, the Cave scene, should have been deleted.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:20:50 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2012, 10:00:49 AM »

finally synced the Frayling commentary to the film last night aside from the few mistakes enjoyed it immensely  Afro Afro Afro   

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2012, 10:13:23 AM »

finally synced the Frayling commentary to the film last night aside from the few mistakes enjoyed it immensely  Afro Afro Afro  

yes, it's an awesome commentary.

Did you watch the tape while playing the disc on silent?

When I initially recorded the commentary onto the tapes, every once in a while I stated what time in the movie we were up to, so the commentary could be synched appropriately. But I don't know if Big C kept those "time stamps" in when he ripped the tape onto a cd.

Anyway, I have now put the file from the discs he sent me onto my computer, so I can mail the discs to anyone who needs them.

ATTENTION, YALL!

I HAVE CD'S WITH THE AUDIO FILE OF FRAYLING'S COMMENTARY TO GBU, (WHICH IS ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE GBU BLU RAY DISC).  IF, AND ONLY IF, YOU DO NOT OWN A BLU RAY PLAYER  AND YOU WANT TO HEAR FRAYLING'S COMMENTARY TO GBU, YOU CAN SEND ME YOU ADDRESS IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE, AND I WILL MAIL YOU THE CD. FIRST COME FIRST SERVED  Wink

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:15:18 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2012, 04:52:41 PM »

yes, it's an awesome commentary.

Did you watch the tape while playing the disc on silent?

When I initially recorded the commentary onto the tapes, every once in a while I stated what time in the movie we were up to, so the commentary could be synched appropriately. But I don't know if Big C kept those "time stamps" in when he ripped the tape onto a cd.

Anyway, I have now put the file from the discs he sent me onto my computer, so I can mail the discs to anyone who needs them.

ATTENTION, YALL!

I HAVE CD'S WITH THE AUDIO FILE OF FRAYLING'S COMMENTARY TO GBU, (WHICH IS ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE GBU BLU RAY DISC).  IF, AND ONLY IF, YOU DO NOT OWN A BLU RAY PLAYER  AND YOU WANT TO HEAR FRAYLING'S COMMENTARY TO GBU, YOU CAN SEND ME YOU ADDRESS IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE, AND I WILL MAIL YOU THE CD. FIRST COME FIRST SERVED  Wink

Yea it was easy to keep it accurate with the "time stamps" I kept the DVD sound down enough so i could hear the music cues also   

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2012, 07:11:47 PM »

Yea it was easy to keep it accurate with the "time stamps" I kept the DVD sound down enough so i could hear the music cues also  

so you were indeed able to hear my occasional verbal "time stamps"? Awesome

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:35:24 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2013, 10:15:19 AM »

Can anyone confirm whether the Italian Mondo GBU blu ray is region-free and will play in my American blu ray player (which is Region A NTSC)? http://www.amazon.com/Buono-Il-Brutto-Cattivo/dp/B00ABXSTI6/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1361984689&sr=1-3&keywords=il+buono+il+brutto+il+cattivo

I see that it's officially listed as Region B PAL. But the Italian blu rays of FOD (Ripley's) and FAFDM (Mondo) are also listed as Region B-PAL, but in fact the main feature is region-free, and plays fine in my blu ray player. (It's only the bonus features that are in PAL.... as for the main feature, FOD has the English audio option while FAFDM doesn't; what can you do).

So I would appreciate if anyone can confirm whether the main feature of the Mondo GBY blu ray disc will play in my American blu ray player? if it will, then I will purchase this blu ray disc. Thanks!

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2013, 10:38:19 AM »

Can anyone confirm whether the Italian Mondo GBU blu ray is region-free and will play in my American blu ray player (which is Region A NTSC)? http://www.amazon.com/Buono-Il-Brutto-Cattivo/dp/B00ABXSTI6/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1361984689&sr=1-3&keywords=il+buono+il+brutto+il+cattivo

I see that it's officially listed as Region B PAL. But the Italian blu rays of FOD (Ripley's) and FAFDM (Mondo) are also listed as Region B-PAL, but in fact the main feature is region-free, and plays fine in my blu ray player. (It's only the bonus features that are in PAL.... as for the main feature, FOD has the English audio option while FAFDM doesn't; what can you do).

So I would appreciate if anyone can confirm whether the main feature of the Mondo GBY blu ray disc will play in my American blu ray player? if it will, then I will purchase this blu ray disc. Thanks!

Yes, I have this disc, it plays the feature in my North American ps3 with no problems. The transfer is amazing (much sharper and less cropped than the U.S. which has been noise reduced to death) but it only has italian audio and there is a very annoying flaw with the transfer - almost every cut "jumps" - the frame before or after the cut is never quite right as I think over time, the splices have shrunk, or the glue they used caused the scanner to "bump" on most of the cuts.  Just so you know!

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:40:10 AM by Jordan Krug » Logged
Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2013, 10:53:20 AM »

...and there is a very annoying flaw with the transfer - almost every cut "jumps" - the frame before or after the cut is never quite right as I think over time, the splices have shrunk, or the glue they used caused the scanner to "bump" on most of the cuts.  Just so you know!

Funny, I don't have this issue with my BD. I have a Sony BDP S370 player.

I was an honest farmer. Now I'm Lil Brutto!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2013, 11:15:27 AM »

Yes, I have this disc, it plays the feature in my North American ps3 with no problems. The transfer is amazing (much sharper and less cropped than the U.S. which has been noise reduced to death) but it only has italian audio and there is a very annoying flaw with the transfer - almost every cut "jumps" - the frame before or after the cut is never quite right as I think over time, the splices have shrunk, or the glue they used caused the scanner to "bump" on most of the cuts.  Just so you know!

Thanks! I just ordered it  Afro

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2013, 01:42:45 PM »

Funny, I don't have this issue with my BD. I have a Sony BDP S370 player.

Your talking about the mondo bd? It would be there on every disk, take a look at the scene where Tuco first meets blondie, there's one shot where the film jumps halfway up the screen....maybe because I work as an editor for a living I notice the jumps more than other people (the North American disk doesn't have them)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM