Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 08:29:39 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Italian bluray muxed with english audio
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Italian bluray muxed with english audio  (Read 26978 times)
Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2013, 10:20:49 AM »

Someone just posted the following over at the blu-ray forums:

This was reissued in Italy in Dec 2012, and the Amazon.it listing notes "Inglese" audio along with the two Italian tracks. Is it possible they added the English audio to the reissue? I was thinking of getting this anyway and if the English is not there, syncing it up with the English audio from the U.S. Blu. For some reason though, the Italian BD runs 174mins23secs whilst the US BD runs 178mins41secs. Does anyone know why this is?

Someone else replied accordingly:

The Italian release is from a different source and doesn't have the (unnecessary in my opinion) grotto scene that was added to MGM/Fox versions, hence the shorter running time. The listing on Amazon.it says Audio: English (Unknown), Italian (DTS-HD High Res Audio), Italian (PCM) but their photo of the back shows only Italian so I'm not getting my hopes up

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2013, 12:06:39 PM »

Although I would love for this to be true, this is likely an error. The English soundtrack cannot simply be added to a BD reissue because of the extensive differences between the 2 cuts of the film.

Rigby Reardon's fan edit (using the Italian Mondo video and MGM SE audio) was a lot of work. He had to edit the audio extensively to sync with the video and on top of all that he had to deal with two totally different cuts of the beating scene.

I was an honest farmer. Now I'm Lil Brutto!
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2013, 12:44:58 PM »

The beating scene is only different for a few seconds towards the end.

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2013, 01:11:32 PM »

The beating scene is only different for a few seconds towards the end.

Not true. The Italian and international cuts of the beating scene are totally different.

Here's Rigby Reardon's description of the work required to complete his project:

Quote from: Rigby Reardon
I managed to edit the audio track from the MGM BD into a synchronized track for the Mondo. There are lots of minor (and some major) differences between the two versions, it took almost 50 cuts to get it in sync. I placed most of them in spots where you won't notice them. In a couple of cases I had to loop a few frames that where missing on the MGM from adjacent frames. However, the real puzzle was the Tuco torture scene, which for some reason has a totally different order of shots, so I had to rearrange the segments into the order of the Italian version. Since I didn't have the stems, some of the transitions are a bit bumpy as a result, but nothing too jarring (and I tried to smooth it out a bit via crossfading)...

...Audio/video sync seems to be frame-perfect. One interesting tidbit I noticed while editing is that MGM apparently located a different take of Tuco's last shot, where the english translation syncs a little bit better with the lip movement of Eli Wallach's Italian scream. But of course "dirty bitch" will never quite transition into the final "ayeeh-ayeeh-aaahhh" as nicely as "grandissima puttana

He didn't mention other differences such as "Sorry, Tuco" being excised from the Italian cut.

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2013, 11:54:23 AM »

I've been searching for days and can't find any reliable info on whether or not this BD reissue includes "Inglese" audio.

I'm surprised this hasn't garnered more interest given it would be the ultimate version of this film. Any Italians here who can verify this for us??

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2013, 07:37:17 AM »

Here's the scoop on the Mondo/Moviemax "reissue" from a bluray forums member...

Quote from: EddieLarkin
Got mine too. Mine has the new EAN on the back! Except, it doesn't, not really. The old one is still on the case, it's just now covered by the new one on the shrink wrap. Sure enough, the disc has not changed; Italian only. Did we ever really expect any different?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 07:41:59 AM by Lil Brutto » Logged

Rojo Ramone
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2013, 01:30:01 PM »

Does anyone know if the YIFY torrent is from the Italian BluRay?

It's 2.39GB

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2013, 01:46:42 PM »

2.39 GB? Probably not.

I have the hybrid version and it's 23.62 GB.

Rojo Ramone
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2013, 11:00:27 AM »

OK, thanks Lil Brutto.

Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2013, 09:26:57 AM »

Finally got around to watching this release. I've been saving it until I got I a 1080p tv.
I thought it looked much better than the u.s. release. A couple of shots had what looked like faded colors, but they were few and far between. It was glorious really.
The grotto scene was not missed.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2013, 06:58:21 PM »

Finally got around to watching this release. I've been saving it until I got I a 1080p tv.
I thought it looked much better than the u.s. release. A couple of shots had what looked like faded colors, but they were few and far between. It was glorious really.
The grotto scene was not missed.

what did you see? the regular Mondo BRD (which does not have English audio), or this fan edit with Mondo image and English audio?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2013, 09:17:12 AM »

The fan edit.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2013, 11:49:34 AM »

well.... if you wanna make a copy and PM me, a few American dollars might wind up at your doorstep...  Wink

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2013, 01:54:42 PM »

Sorry I don't have a bluray burner. I'm sure you can locate it online somewhere though.
Maybe Lil Brutto can help you. I did waste an invite on him so he could download the movie.

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2013, 08:41:41 PM »

Sorry I don't have a bluray burner. I'm sure you can locate it online somewhere though.
Maybe Lil Brutto can help you. I did waste an invite on him so he could download the movie.

Ouch. I hope you don't really believe it was a "waste", do you? I'm very thankful for your generosity in offering me an invitation. I successfully downloaded the hybrid cut (as mentioned above). It's nearly 24 GB.

I'm actually nearly done my own version, which goes beyond simply syncing English audio to the Italian blu-ray. I have used Final Cut Pro software to sync the Mondo BD video frame by frame to the MGM 1998 DVD (i.e. US/International cut) video. By doing so, I have created my own International cut with the best video available, complete with MGM BD opening credits, English character titles, International cut of the beating scene, "Sorry, Tuco" reinserted, etc.

The next step is to mux this custom video with the lossless mono soundtrack from the MGM laserdisc. The MGM 1998 DVD and laserdisc are practically identical so I don't ancticipate this step requiring too much more work.

I'm aware of 20th Century Fox Deustchland's upcoming release of a remastered version. Not sure if they'll get it right but my project has been quite fun and will be ready at least a few months before their release.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM