Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 07:06:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Italian bluray muxed with english audio
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Italian bluray muxed with english audio  (Read 26967 times)
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2013, 03:23:41 AM »

my project has been quite fun and will be ready at least a few months before their release.

Cannot wait dude.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 03:27:25 AM by noodles_leone » Logged

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2013, 05:42:08 AM »

Afro Afro Afro Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2013, 01:06:42 PM »

Well you let your account get disabled and I have limited amounts of invites. So in that regard I do consider it a waste seeing as your not productive member of our site.

However if you were to release your fan edit I would not think of it as waste.  Smiley

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2013, 06:16:43 PM »

That was due to an unfamiliarity with the dynamics of the download/upload times, not a disgregard for site rules. I read the rules and downloaded several "free" files that would earn me credit but no one was leaching them and in the meantime the hybrid cut was continuing to download. I ended up with a crappy ratio and I couldn't make up for it in the very limited they allow for you to get back in good standing.

Anyways, it was my loss although I am pleased to have the hybrid cut, thanks to you.

I'm sorry you still feel that way. My project has been a huge investment in time and money...at least a year in the making given I have absolutely no experience using editing software, and purchasing the equipment (computer, sound card, blu ray drive, software, etc.). Yes, I invested all this to do my favorite movie justice. That's hardcore, no? So are the rest of the SLWB members here so that's why I'm happy to share my project when it's finally done. I will have to figure out a way to share my version without breaking any laws (never mind sharing site rules!)

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 06:20:34 PM by Lil Brutto » Logged

I was an honest farmer. Now I'm Lil Brutto!
Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2013, 03:38:27 PM »

Well you can't share the movie without breaking laws. And it probably is frowned upon in here to share copyrighted stuff publicly.

Also you should be aware that if you are adding more footage to the video, you'll have to re-encode it, losing quality in the process.

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2013, 04:12:16 PM »

I'm aware of that. I'm willing to sacrifice a little quality in order to replicate the International cut.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2013, 06:21:44 AM »

There will be a quality loss, but nothing that could be noticed by a naked eye in real life conditions. If you use the right compression settings, you'd have to compare side by side stills to be able to tell which is which. H264 compression used in BD is quite impressive (as long as you don't play with the colors).

www.ThibautOskian.com
Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2013, 08:58:54 AM »

That depends entirely on how much information the leonenut copy retained from the original blu ray and how much lil brutto then expects to retain from leonenut's.
It won't look like garbage, but undoubtedly worse.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2013, 05:00:16 PM »

Oh yeah I'm only talking about a job properly done. If along the way someone encoded too heavily for download time sakes, then it could really look like garbage.

www.ThibautOskian.com
Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2013, 01:33:51 AM »

I haven't used any files from other fan edits. That would definitely lead to poor results. I have done this all from scratch.

Being a Mac guy, I converted the Mondo BD and MGM BD into Apple ProRes HQ using Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper at the highest quality setting. This conversion to a high quality editing codec allows me to make frame-specific edits. I also converted the MGM 1998 DVD into Apple ProRes HQ at the same settings as the BD files (overkill). I synced the frames of the Mondo BD to the 1998 DVD in Final Cut Pro 7, using the MGM BD to add any frames that were necessary, for example:

- English opening credits
- English character titles instead of Italian titles (at the beginning and end of the film)
- International cut of Tuco torture scene
- Blondie saying, "Sorry, Tuco"
- Tuco screaming, "...dirty son a biii-AYAYAAAA!!!
- "THE END" instead of "FINE"

Since I used the MGM 1998 DVD as a template I should be able to sync with minimal effort the 1998 LD PCM audio that I captured bit perfectly using a M-Audio Firewire Audiophile and then converted from 44.1kHz to 48kHz with Izotope.

I've yet to decide which format I will use for viewing (or more appropriately, EXPERIENCING) the finished product. Obviously something that yields the best results and with minimal compression.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 01:41:31 AM by Lil Brutto » Logged

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2013, 01:47:58 AM »

Sounds really good.

www.ThibautOskian.com
Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2013, 09:15:24 AM »

Well that changes everything doesn't it  Tongue

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2014, 02:03:28 PM »

so ....

now that the original English mono has been released on the new BRD, but the image looks like piss ... I assume someone is going to make a fan edit of the previous (i.e., non-piss) Italian BRD mixed with English mono audio? Smiley

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM