Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 10:04:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Screenings of the new extended version
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Screenings of the new extended version  (Read 10676 times)
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 06:45:19 PM »

I hope for your sake it does but I'd be surprised.  In this case delays may not be a bad thing.  More time may allow the additional scenes to be enhanced further, the restoration of the 20 minutes or so of other additional scenes mentioned by Scorcese and some interesting bonus features.

Nominatrixx has uploaded all six blocks plus De Niro, Scorcese, Connelly, Taratino and Cool In Your Code clips:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nominatrixx?feature=watch  

Really awesome. Thanks Chris! Afro Afro Afro

Saturday nights with Groggy
Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 05:12:51 AM »

Really cool stuff, thanks Chris.
Don't know whether this has been posted already, if not, it's interesting and fun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkuvaSS9Ono&list=UUGI_kLub3lfQAPLGHisH1Dw&index=5&feature=plcp

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 06:22:41 AM »

Just a guess but probably for the same reason that the new Blu-ray and DVDs are only being released in Italy at the present time.  The Leone family have only acquired the Italian rights.

that's what I was afraid of.

as soon as the restoration was announced, it said that the Leone family had acquired the Italian rights to the film, and I was unsure as to what implications that had for us in America.

But I have to (or want to?) believe that eventually, the extended version will be shown in America and released on dvd/br.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 07:23:05 PM »

that's what I was afraid of.

as soon as the restoration was announced, it said that the Leone family had acquired the Italian rights to the film, and I was unsure as to what implications that had for us in America.

But I have to (or want to?) believe that eventually, the extended version will be shown in America and released on dvd/br.

I'm just going to import it from amazon.it or IBS.it if it doesn't get a a wider release on BD.

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2012, 02:16:42 AM »

Don't worry it will be released on DVD/Blu worldwide. Only a question of time. The idea behind all these restorations of classics is to sell them on the home video market .

chris
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2012, 03:21:32 AM »

Logically it should only be a matter of time and should be fairly soon following the renewed interest in the movie.

There are however things in the movie's past which have not been entirely logical. The movie wasn't released on DVD until 2003 and whilst Leone's family found the additional scenes in the early 90s, they had to struggle for 20 years to acquire the rights.

Screenings in theaters in France were planned but these have been cancelled and, outside Italy, screenings have only taken place at film festivals and special events such as Cannes, La Lumiere Festival in Lyon and the Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2012, 09:24:37 PM »

I will definitely attend one of the upcoming screenings at the Film Forum http://filmforum.com/movies/more/sergio_leones_once_upon_a_time  (although i will first try to call to make sure they are showing the new footage).

I would like to go to one of the 7 PM showings between Monday-Thursday, I think cigar joe will be coming too; if anyone else is interested in joining, please reply here.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:02:15 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2012, 04:25:06 AM »

I will definitely attend one of the upcoming screenings at the Film Forum http://filmforum.com/movies/more/sergio_leones_once_upon_a_time  (although i will first try to call to make sure they are showing the new footage).

I would like to go to one of the 7 PM showings between Monday-Thursday, I think cigar joe will be coming too; if anyone else is interested in joining, please reply here.

if its new footage I'd be tempted but my work schedule is in flux at the moment

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2012, 10:53:33 AM »

if its new footage I'd be tempted but my work schedule is in flux at the moment

I am trying to call the Film Forum staff now.

I guess they will be able to give me  a proper answer after a day or two

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2012, 01:30:07 PM »

What part of 229 minutes do you not understand?

That's what you get, Drink, for lying in the middle of the road.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2012, 04:46:27 PM »

He must be having trouble with his adding Cheesy

Saturday nights with Groggy
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2012, 10:46:21 PM »

It's all right, now.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2012, 10:47:43 PM »

I'm not holdin' my breath about this playing in Arizona....

rexlic
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2012, 07:13:13 AM »

A piece in Time Out New York this week:

At last spring’s Cannes, an even longer, 256-minute version debuted, adding a lengthy death scene from Antony and Cleopatra that Leone had chosen to cut. (Frayling’s verdict: “I adore Elizabeth McGovern, but she was not a Shakespearean actress.”) Warner Bros. has since taken this extra-extended cut out of circulation for unspecified legal reasons...

European theatrical version it is, then.

www.timeout.com/newyork/film/once-upon-a-time-in-america-restored?cmpid=TONY+Dly+112412

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2012, 04:07:57 PM »

in that case I won't be there.

This article makes it seem as if the only scene added at Cannes was the Antony & Cleopatra scene; in fact, that scene is only like 2 or 3 minutes out of 20

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM