Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 09:18:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  SALES! (B&N Criterion, etc.)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SALES! (B&N Criterion, etc.)  (Read 29660 times)
Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2014, 07:12:29 AM »

Barnes and Noble has a 30% off Black Friday coupon for one item (on-line and in-store). It works with the Criterion 50% sale so you can combine them together! If I remember correctly, last year they wouldn't let you combine them, but this year there is no restriction.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2014, 12:03:17 PM »

Holy Discount, Batman! I just scored the Tati box for $46.97 (tax and shipping included). SRP is something like $124.00 (before tax). I saved so much, I can afford to buy Novecento a beer sometime. Thanks for the heads up, man! Afro Afro

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2014, 12:15:53 AM »

Anytime there is any DVD/BRD sale going on anywhere, I assume this thread is the place to mention it:

There is a "Cyber Monday Reboot" sale going on now at the Warner Archive Collection: 3 discs for $35, and I believe you can save an extra $5 at checkout by entering the code SAVE5. Not sure when this expires. Here is the link
http://shop.warnerarchive.com/category/code/cyber_wacshop.do?promo=sliderWACREBOOThome&AID=11515047&PID=7248521&ref=CJP

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2014, 10:48:12 AM »

Anytime there is any DVD/BRD sale going on anywhere, I assume this thread is the place to mention it:
Yeah, good point. I'll rename the thread.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:51:00 AM by dave jenkins » Logged

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2015, 05:16:28 AM »

Criterion titles up to 40% off at TCM.com http://goo.gl/40EC5c

Before making any purchases from TCM, be sure to compare prices with Amazon. I did a random comparison of several titles, and most were cheaper on Amazon. (My comparison is just the listed price of a new disc from Amazon; I am not counting shipping costs or tax, and I did not make any comparisons with Amazon Marketplace. Point is, compare 'em before buying  Wink )

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2015, 09:29:32 PM »

Thanks for posting this, it's always appreciated.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2015, 11:39:17 AM »

Thanks for posting this, it's always appreciated.

Thanks for the comment; it's good to know that people are benefiting from this and I'm not wasting my time posting it  Smiley

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2015, 11:44:46 AM »

In honor of Tax Day, April 15, TCM is trying to help movie fans save some money by having a sale on 221 DVD & BRD titles.
http://shop.tcm.com/index.php?v=tcm_sale-4&ecid=EMC-TCM-001057&pa=EMC_TCM_20150415_TCM_TaxDay_3M

Actually, to see all of TCM's sales, just click here http://shop.tcm.com/sales/index.php?v=tcm_sales and look at the green bar on the left side, it lists all the sales there.

And one final reminder, before buying anything at any sale at any website, compare with Amazon; you can often find titles at Amazon every day cheaper than they are on others sites' sale days  Smiley

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2015, 06:57:28 PM »

TCM "overstock" sale - up to 80% off
http://shop.tcm.com/index.php?v=tcm_sales_clearance&ecid=EMC-TCM-001084&pa=EMC_TCM_20150503_TCM_Overstock_3M

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2015, 12:18:21 AM »

if any of you are interested in movie T-shirts, TCM is having a sale of up to 30% off movie T-shirts http://goo.gl/sLZhfU

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2015, 10:11:28 AM »

Looks like the July 50% Off Criterion sale started today at B&N (both on line and in-store). I'm not sure how long it's supposed to last: end of the month, maybe, or at least until the 27th.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2015, 01:06:01 PM »

Today's haul (all Blu's):

Hiroshima Mon Amour
Here is Your Life
A Master Builder
Tess (dual format/digi-pack)

Scoring the Tess digi was a coup, as I believe it's technically out of print. It's been re-issued in standard boxes, the blu-ray and dvd available separately. All the Criterion dual-format editions are by definition limited edition releases. Collectors, you have been warned.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2015, 09:03:20 AM »

Looks like the July 50% Off Criterion sale started today at B&N (both on line and in-store). I'm not sure how long it's supposed to last: end of the month, maybe, or at least until the 27th.
I learned yesterday that the sale goes to Aug. 3.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2015, 06:14:39 PM »

cool

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2015, 04:59:13 PM »

KL STUDIO CLASSICS ANNIVERSARY SALE
OVER 100 FILMS - RELEASED JULY 2014 - JULY 2015
FROM $8.99 TO $16.99
THIS AUGUST - ONLY ON AMAZON

52 Pick-Up | Across 110th Street | At War with the Army | Avenging Force | Bank Shot | Barquero | Billion Dollar Brain | Black Sabbath (AIP) | Blown Away | Boys in the Band | Breakheart Pass | Buffalo Bill and the Indians, or Sitting Bull's History Lesson | Buona Sera, Mrs. Campbell | Cast a Giant Shadow | Cherry 2000 | Children's Hour, The | Coming Home | Convoy | Cops and Robbers | Cotton Comes to Harlem | Cover Up | The Crimson Cult | Deranged | Desperately Seeking Susan | Duel at Diablo | Elmer Gantry | Emerald Forest | Enter the Ninja | An Eye For An Eye | F.I.S.T | F/X | Falcon and the Snowman | Flesh + Blood | Foxes | Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum | Gator | Gorky Park | Great Train Robbery | Harry in Your Pocket | Hero and the Terror | Hickey & Boggs | House of 1,000 Dolls | Inherit the Wind | Invitation to a Gunfighter | Island of Dr. Moreau | Judgment at Nuremberg | Juggernaut | Kings of the Sun | Last Embrace | Late For Dinner | Life Stinks | Long Goodbye | Madhouse | Malice | Man of the West | Married to the Mob | Marty | McKenzie Break | Meteor | Miracle Mile | Missouri Breaks | More Dead Than Alive | Mr. Majestyk | Mulholland Falls | Naked Face | Needful Things | The Offence | On the Beach | Onion Field | The Organization | The Package | Paris Blues | The Party | Pocketful of Miracles | Premature Burial | Private Life of Sherlock Holmes | Quatermass Xperiment | Real Men | Report to the Commissioner | Revenge of the Ninja | River of Death | River's Edge | Run Silent, Run Deep | Running Scared | Rush | Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming | Sabata| Sam Whiskey | Scalphunters | Secret Invasion | Separate Tables | Tales of Terror | Taras Bulba | Ten Seconds to Hell | They Call Me Mister Tibbs | Thieves Like Us | Thunderbolt and Lightfoot | Topkapi | The Train | Truck Turner | True Confessions | Unforgiven, The | Viva Maria | What's New Pussycat | White Buffalo | White Lightning | Wild At Heart | Witness For the Prosecution | Witness to Murder | Woman of Straw | X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes | Young Savages | Zone Troopers
This was supposed to start today, but apparently Amazon dropped the ball. I'm guessing the sale prices will take effect on Monday.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM