Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 02:25:36 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  NYC's Lost Cinemas
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: NYC's Lost Cinemas  ( 1546 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« : July 13, 2012, 12:53:38 PM »

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/movies/ocd_archives_nyc_lost_movie_houses_mM0MI0V9Q6RHp6oVcC36cN?utm_campaign=OutbrainA&utm_source=OutbrainArticlepages&obref=obinsource

Shame about The Ziegfeld.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
sargatanas
Gunslinger

« #1 : July 13, 2012, 02:56:25 PM »

i grew up in a small town that manufactured the film for movie making. the city's leaders made sure at least 2 theaters ( huge majestic suckers ) were not torn down. the strand is now some sort of church. i can remember getting free mummy dust before entering the state theater to see cris lee's mummy routine in 1959.  Dave, can you remember which theater you saw FOD's in ? or any memorable picture ?
i now live in a hick town which tore down all existing theaters. i remember catching " being there " and clearly hearing a murder going on in a slasher movie being shown in theater # 8 next door. were loosing it Dave. wish i was still there watching Steve McQueen, skipping my afternoon classes feet propped up at the huge strand theater in my hometown, lol
 8)

« : July 13, 2012, 04:11:53 PM sargatanas »
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #2 : July 13, 2012, 05:52:36 PM »

I used to go to the Lowes Triboro in the article, but I first saw FAFDM down the street at the Astoria theater.  ;)

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines