Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 04:22:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Ennio Morricone (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Interview (21.07.12)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interview (21.07.12)  (Read 1269 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2012, 10:33:56 PM »

http://www.ilmessaggero.it/spettacoli/musica/morricone_divento_amico_dei_registi_cos_capisco_bene_le_loro_esigenze/notizie/209647.shtml

There are some interesting snippets referred to Leone and Eastwood.
"In Leone's movies Clint was a kind of roman bully. Sergio made him  whisper dirty words with a cigar between his lips, taught him to play in the roman style" ("roman style acting"? Never heard of it)...." When he became a director I didn't want to make films with him out of respect for Sergio. From whom he didn't take anything".

"(Leone) planned to make The Battle (sic) of Leningrad, [/i]told me about it. I asked him to tell me more but he wouldn't. He knew he was about to die.[/i]"

emmo26
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 02:46:38 PM »

Anything about Quentin Tarantino?

**************** ZZ TOPīs 1st Gig **************
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 03:56:26 PM »

http://www.ilmessaggero.it/spettacoli/musica/morricone_divento_amico_dei_registi_cos_capisco_bene_le_loro_esigenze/notizie/209647.shtml

There are some interesting snippets referred to Leone and Eastwood.
"In Leone's movies Clint was a kind of roman bully. Sergio made him  whisper dirty words with a cigar between his lips, taught him to play in the roman style" ("roman style acting"? Never heard of it)...." When he became a director I didn't want to make films with him out of respect for Sergio. From whom he didn't take anything".

Thanks for the link Titoli. Afro

Perhaps the "Roman style" is referring to the oft-flamboyant style of Volonte and other costars? Of course, if Leone taught Eastwood this it didn't really take.

Saturday nights with Groggy
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 01:54:21 AM »

Perhaps the "Roman style" is referring to the oft-flamboyant style of Volonte and other costars? Of course, if Leone taught Eastwood this it didn't really take.

No, he's probably referring to a certain kind of character which was to be seen in many italian movies, exemplified by  Sordi's character in Un americano a Roma. The problem is that nothing of it I am able to detect in Eastwood's character or any other character. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM