Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 05:31:34 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  THE OLYMPICS THREAD!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4] 5
: THE OLYMPICS THREAD!  ( 9096 )
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #45 : February 17, 2014, 02:44:56 AM »

great USA-Russia hockey game   O0

IMO it's dumb how they let the same guy shoot over and over again in the shootout; in the NHL, you have to go through the whole team, you can't have the same guy taking every shot. But hey, it worked for USA  :)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

« #46 : February 17, 2014, 10:25:01 AM »

yeah, that was a thriller. Felt like a 'final'.

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #47 : February 17, 2014, 11:32:22 AM »

Let's enlarge the scope:

http://blog.chillisauce.co.uk/naked-sledding-race-world-championship/

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

« #48 : February 22, 2014, 07:19:40 PM »

Suck on that, US! The ice hockey bronze is ours.

I hope Canada beats the Swedes tomorrow.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #49 : February 22, 2014, 08:03:55 PM »

moviesceleton, I wouldn't celebrate bronze. in individual events maybe, but when it comes to the hockey tournament, it's gold or bust. So, we're all bust  :(

I'm rooting for Sweden to win; mainly cuz my favorite athlete in the world is Henrik Lundqvist, so once USA is out, I root for him.

Very disappointed about USA losing to Canada. (I don't give much of a damn about losing the bronze medal game; especially cuz we won silver in Vancouver, it was gold or bust now. And we went bust.) Of course, part of any tournament is luck of the draw. If we wouldn't have played Canada till the gold medal game, maybe we'd have reached that game. Who knows. You gotta play the draw. So USA is probably among the top 2-5 teams in the world, but we gotta get that gold already. I am sick and tired of hearing about 1980

That's it. we gotta get that gold in 2018 in PyeongChang (say that fast 3 times  ;) ) btw, USA skiing star Mikaela Shiffrin says she's aiming for 5 golds in PyeongChang http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/sochi/2014/02/22/winter-games-skiing-women-mikaela-shiffrin/5723213/

that's pretty much it; all that's left is women's figure skating. USA has some big stars, especially Gracie Gold.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

« #50 : February 23, 2014, 05:41:04 AM »

moviesceleton, I wouldn't celebrate bronze. in individual events maybe, but when it comes to the hockey tournament, it's gold or bust. So, we're all bust  :(
Yeah I know, but it was still good entertainment to beat you 5-0 >:D

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #51 : February 23, 2014, 02:47:05 PM »

NBC is having a show NANCY AND TONYA this evening, just before the closing ceremonies. It's pretty much the first time in 20 years that Kerrigan has agreed to speak about the incident.....

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #52 : February 24, 2014, 09:18:10 PM »

final medals count http://www.nbcolympics.com/medals

USA comes in second place (28 medals, to Russia's 33), but USA only had 9 golds, behind Russia (13), Norway (11), and Canada (10). Overall, this was a pretty disappointing Olympics from Team USA, especially after an amazing performance in Vancouver in 2010. And the only reason USA did win 28 medals is cuz we kicked ass in the new sports; if all these new events hadn't been added, it woulda been an awful Olympics for USA.

Anyway, that's that. Let the talk show tours, endorsement money, Wheaties boxes begin for the winners; as the losers (and winners) look forward to PyeongChang 2018.... But first, summer Olympics in Rio 2016, only 2.5 years away  :)

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #53 : August 08, 2016, 02:27:34 PM »

-- USA takes back the gold in th4 4X100 mens swimming relay. USA had won this event in 2008 in a major comeback (remember Jason Lezack chasing down the Frenchie in the last 25 meters!), France won in 2012, but USA took it back this year.

-- There is probably a bigger gap between Katie Ledecky and those competing against her, as there has ever been in sports history since Babe Ruth hit more home runs than any other American League TEAM in 1927.

-- Simone Biles is obviously the greatest gymnnast in the world. By the time she's done, she may be the greatest in history. The USA is heavily favored to win team all around, Biles is heavily favored to win individual all around, and Biles may win up to 3 of the 4 gold medals in individual disciplines.

Saw Team USA in gymnastics last night. The whole team is incredible. The newbie, Laurie Fernandez, amazing in floor exercise. So was Aly Raisman. Gabby Douglas has lost some of her luster compared with her legendary performance in 2012.

Shaping up to be an exciting Olympics!

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #54 : August 09, 2016, 01:41:59 AM »

AS usual, ain't gonna waste a minute on this crap.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #55 : August 11, 2016, 09:05:39 PM »

It's been an incredible Olympics thus far for the USA. Team gold in women's gymnastics, gold and silver in individual all-around women's gymnastics; four golds thus far for Michael Phelps; 3 for Katie Ledecky.
This USA team is the greatest female gymnastics team ever, Simone Biles is the greatest female gymnast ever, Michael Phelps is the greatest swimmer ever, and by the time she is done Katie Ledecky will probably be the greatest female swimmer ever. And none of this is hyperbole  :)

Yup, it's been great viewing  O0 O0

After the 6th day of competition, USA leads with 16 golds and 38 total medals; China is second with 11 golds and 30 total medals.
Still some swimming events to come (Phelps and Ledecky each going for more golds!) and individual events in female gymnastics; then track and field coming up next week  :)

« : August 12, 2016, 10:47:13 AM drinkanddestroy »

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #56 : August 11, 2016, 09:07:14 PM »

By the way ... Fiji won gold medal in rugby for its first ever medal in Olympics  O0

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #57 : August 12, 2016, 02:00:25 PM »

After a rough start, France is back in the game, guys.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #58 : February 10, 2018, 08:19:04 PM »

Anyone watching?

I am upset that the National Hockey League is not allowing its players to participate in the Olympics this year. The Olympic hockey games with NHL players are among my quadrennial highlights. I am boycotting the NHL during the Olympics  >:D

Watching short-track skating now on my DVR :)

mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

« #59 : February 11, 2018, 03:49:56 AM »

Sure - nice opening, 2 Gold Medals the first day :).

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines