Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2018, 03:07:47 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  THE OLYMPICS THREAD!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
: THE OLYMPICS THREAD!  ( 9083 )
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #60 : February 11, 2018, 08:08:20 AM »

I was in training for the Olympics decades ago as a teenager; then I found out that the breast stroke was a swimming event !!!

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #61 : February 11, 2018, 10:20:10 AM »

17-year-old named Red Gerard won gold in menís slopestyle. First USA medal in PyeongChang and youngest American to ever win a snowboarding medal. Kidís a rock star now  >:D

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #62 : February 14, 2018, 12:20:19 AM »

U.S. dominating snowboarding, winning gold in men's and women's slopestyle and halfpipe (and bronze in the women's halfpipe).

The men's halfpipe was amazing: Shaun White got an incredible 94.25 (out of a possible 100) on his first run to go to #1. On the second run, a Japanese guy got 95.25 and White washed out. So it'd all come down to the third run (each competitor has three runs, and only the best score counts).
Remember, White had won gold in 2006 and 2010, but finished a disappointing fourth in 2014.
So now, back to 2018,  it all comes down to the final run. White was in second place, guaranteed at least a silver, but needed to beat the amazing score of 95.25 for gold. White was the last competitor to run .......... and he BOOMED a 97.75!!! Incredible. You can watch the video here http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/shaun-white-wins-halfpipe-gold-epic-final-run (you can skip the first 90 seconds)

---

As usual, the Dutch are dominating speedskating (and probably not much else?  ??? )

---

You can follow the up-to-the-minute medal count at http://www.nbcolympics.com/medals

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

« #63 : February 14, 2018, 01:57:02 AM »

As usual, the Dutch are dominating speedskating (and probably not much else?  ??? )

No probably about it, speed skating is the only sport we dominate in  ;D Ireen WŁst has now won a gold medal at 4 consecutive Winter Olympics, incredible...

I watched some of those halfpipe runs... Insane stuff, very impressive to watch  :o

'I feel all dead inside. I'm backed up in a dark corner and I don't know who's hitting me.' - The Dark Corner (1946)
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #64 : February 14, 2018, 08:36:06 AM »

No probably about it, speed skating is the only sport we dominate in  ;D Ireen WŁst has now won a gold medal at 4 consecutive Winter Olympics, incredible...

IMO, short-track is much more interesting than speedskating  ;)

XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

« #65 : February 14, 2018, 01:15:09 PM »

IMO, short-track is much more interesting than speedskating  ;)

Only when they fall over each other  ;D

'I feel all dead inside. I'm backed up in a dark corner and I don't know who's hitting me.' - The Dark Corner (1946)
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #66 : February 23, 2018, 12:09:48 AM »

Itís been a somewhat disappointing Olympics for the USA ...

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #67 : February 23, 2018, 12:30:16 AM »

Itís been a somewhat disappointing Olympics for the USA ...

Donít act like you cared:I now know what youíre really interested at the Olympic, and it isnít the medals...

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #68 : February 23, 2018, 01:30:51 PM »

I was in training for the Olympics decades ago as a teenager; then I found out that the breast stroke was a swimming event !!!
The humor judges have finished deliberating: 10s across the board!  O0 O0 O0

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #69 : February 26, 2018, 06:46:23 AM »

US finished fourth in golds (9, one below its all-time high from 2010) and fourth in overall medals (23). Some heads have to roll ...

But hey, there were some great moments (gold in snowboarding slopestyle amd halfpipe, gold in womenís hockey over Canada!!!)

Just 2 1/2 years to the Summer Games in Tokyo 2020!  :) :) :)

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #70 : February 27, 2018, 11:32:01 AM »

Just 2 1/2 years to the Summer Games in Tokyo 2020!  :) :) :)
If you want to go I might be able to rent you a room for the summer.  ;)

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #71 : February 27, 2018, 04:41:13 PM »

Donít act like you cared:I now know what youíre really interested at the Olympic, and it isnít the medals...

now I know why you are not interested in the Olympics.

France doesn't have an Olympian half as hot as Lyndsey Vonn  :P

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #72 : February 28, 2018, 02:27:49 AM »

We have some gorgeous ones but not at the winter games.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines