Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 09:23:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  analysis on jill
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: analysis on jill  (Read 13993 times)
roberti
Bandido

Jamais personne ne t'aimera comme je t'aime

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 12:57:06 PM »

I think ,as Franck in the French version, ''que c'est une drole de salope''.

Ton nombril est une belle coupe arrondie ou jamais le vin ne manque, ton ventre est une vallee de ble entouree de lys, tes seins sont des grappes de raisin mur, ta bouche a la douceur de la pomme.
franksgrandson
Gunslinger

just the man

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006, 07:58:19 PM »

Have a good look at the Movie again Harmonica is the one that Jill falls in Love with, Cheyenne is not even in the running its like he is a passing thought he appears more like a father figure to her.
I would also dare to say that Harmonica loves Jill the last scenes speak volumes in fact I would call it one of the world of cinemas greatest non love scenes you can see that Harmonica loves Jill and knows he could stay with her but the call of the old ways are to deep and he has to go.
Intresting thing here is could Harmonica been Franks alter ego although they are good and evil both cannot move forward

MORTON ONCE TOLD ME I COULD NEVER BE LIKE HIM, NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2006, 06:27:02 PM »

analysis on Jill eh?

she is hot.

Grin

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Tim
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2006, 11:25:52 PM »

analysis on Jill eh?

she is hot.

Grin

Understatement of the year.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2006, 11:27:02 PM »

Understatement of the year.

of the decade.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2006, 09:13:52 AM »

You know what? If I was you Id go down there and give those boys a drink. Cant imagine how happy it makes a man to see a woman like you. Just to look at her. And if one of them should, uh, pat your behind, just make believe its nothing. They earned it.

What kind of whore needs to be told this? I'll tell you: a film whore. Or rather, a film whore of a certain period (think Donna Reed in From Here to Eternity). Not the kind of whore you would meet in a SW, eh? Yet more evidence that SL, when making OUATITW, produced an AW and not an SW.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 09:15:56 AM by dave jenkins » Logged

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2006, 11:51:14 PM »

Yet more evidence that SL, when making OUATITW, produced an AW and not an SW.

Besides the style...whats the difference?
are you saying AW is better in quality than an SW?

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2006, 02:04:27 PM »

No, I mean his approach was very different (although, of course, his style still showed through). Not only did SL include a female central character (contrary to his usual practice), but he included one who was a composite of heroines from 50s American Westerns.

poderator
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2007, 03:39:22 AM »

You got there a few very interesting points. But I would not agree that Jill is only a greedy whore in pursuit of money. Well maybe at begining, but her character  is evolving from the point when she realized that Sweetwater is McBain's dream and she will stay and fullfill it. In the second scene with Cheyenee (first was at the saloon) Jill is trying to stay alive, using the strongest weapon of the weak; "simpathy for a poor defenseless widow". She is using words as a verbal shield against Cheyenee. Something like Seherezada in Arabian Nights. From her point of view he is still outlaw who escape from sheriff's man and probably murderer of her husbant. She casts a spell on poor Cheyenee and he bought it (who wouldn't). I mean she is using her strongest weapon; her abbillty to adapt and seduct man. Also her magnificient beauty. The more she keep telling about her sad past, she has more chance to stay alive.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 03:47:48 AM by poderator » Logged
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2007, 08:35:09 AM »

What you say is true, but Jill undergoes a change in character about the time she finally gets her bath. The washing away of all those "filthy memories" is a kind of baptism for her; she is letting go of her old life and preparing to assume a new one. When Harmonica announces that it is time for her to go home, she in essence agrees to assume her new role as proprietress of Sweetwater (and become the embodiment of its genus loci): place and person becoming one). Carrying water out to the boys (and providing water for " them steam engines") she represents a new, domesticated West, one in which the ancient race of heroes is unwelcome.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2007, 10:20:04 AM »

I dunno why people are so damn confused about Jill. She arrives in the beginning of this film with all the intentions of starting over, being married, having a family which is all ruined by Frank and his henchman. The reason Jill goes a long with Frank when he has her is because she's trying to save her own life!!! It's obvious, Frank even mentions it to her that he knows her intentions while he's with her. Don't be dumb guys, it's right there in front of you. She did not enjoy Franks hands all over her, she hated Frank, and she used her good looks, and her body to save her ass! Period. In the end, we come to realize she took a liking to Harmonica, which is clearly on her face when he said, "Now, I gotta go." She fell for Harmoinca. She was pratically in tears when he left. Their is no confusion here about Jill McBain. Some of you just start these threads in a rhetorical way. You already know the answer!  Afro

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
poderator
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2007, 12:35:54 AM »

She was the biggest whore in New Orleans and the finest woman that ever lived! Wink

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2007, 04:51:01 PM »

She was the biggest whore in New Orleans and the finest woman that ever lived! Wink

HAHAHAHA

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM